Shaker Heights Long Distance Moving Companies
Moving to Shaker Heights with the help of a moving company is going to be easy and even fun. In Cuyahoga County, the state of Ohio lies the city of Shaker Heights. The city was planned by railroad moguls who wanted it to be a settlement secluded from the larger Cleveland industrial district. Shaker Heights has serene sites and numerous recreational activities along the art museums, nature centers and Lower Shaker Lake. If you have planned a move, talk to A-1 Auto Transport, the most experienced moving and vehicle relocation company in Ohio.
Why hire a professional mover?
- Safety. With moving companies, you are assured your household goods will be delivered intact. They pack items in corrugated boxes and wrap the delicate ones using bubble wrap and anti-static peanut. They also strengthen the boxes along the sides to ensure they can hold heavy loads. They also provide professional training for their staff in all aspects of a move.
- Insurance. Moving companies are accountable for their actions when handling your move. They use insurance to cover the move in its entirety ensuring that you don’t suffer loss in case of any damage. The insurance used depends on the customer’s preference. Delicate and valuable items are covered by the full-value replacement insurance while the non-breakables are covered by the base level bodily-harm and property-damage insurance.
- Organization. Moving companies know how the entire move should proceed before they handle it. They deal with moves on a routine basis which ensures they are aware of all processes involved when moving. They have professionally trained personnel to handle moves. They also have advanced mechanization such as digitized communication platforms that eases the teams communication. In case challenges arise, they have a well-structured team to handle them.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to choose the best moving company in Shaker Heights
- Check for reviews on the company’s customer testimonials page. Professional moving companies like A-1 Auto Transport have a site for customers to air their opinion about their experience. If they had a pleasant experience, they give glowing reviews and if they were accorded poor services, they give negative reviews and ratings.
- Check the company’s licensing and insurance status at the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association. The association is mandated by the DOT to regulate state to state moving companies in the country.
- Use the Ohio Public Utilities Commission to view moving companies licensed in Ohio. The commission also outlines the responsibilities of movers towards customers. They have a moving booklet that educates the public about moving.
- Moving companies that are members of American Movers and Storage Association have remarkable services. The association has a reputation for professionalism. They register reliable movers across the country and train them on how to provide quality services. Any company that does not operate according to their regulations risks deregistration.
- Check the moving quote a company gives the customers. Professional moving companies should provide a free quote to all their customers before handling moves. The quote is based on the weight of your household goods, the distance you are moving and number of services you require.
The best moving practices
- Get an early start. Preparing ahead makes the move smooth. You get to pack all the household goods you want and handle all other moving tasks efficiently.
- Acquire quality moving material. Use corrugated boxes that can withstand the weight of your load. The packing material should also be in excess in case you want to move additional household goods.
- Purge certain household goods to make your move lighter. Sell items you do not need and buy new ones after moving. You can also donate some items to charity and keep the receipts to claim tax deductions.
- Document the condition of your household goods as you pack.
- Take pictures of electrical set-ups. It helps when reinstalling them in your new house.
- Pack essential items such as fresh clothes, toiletries and personal documents you will need on arrival at your new house. Use an overnight bag or a clear plastic bin and move them under your care.
Why use A-1 Auto Transport?
We provide quality services to all 50 states of the country and overseas. Our customer testimonials page is testament to that.
Our services include
- International moves
- Storage services
- Local moves
- Pool table moves
- Corporate relocations
- Piano moves
- Senior moves
- Military moves
- Pet transport
- Vacation moves
- Office relocations
Try us today
Get in touch with us. Call us on 1-888-509-3213 or A-1 Auto Transport for the best moving services. Fill out the form at the top of our page and get access to our great discounts.