Self-Storage Units Vs. Moving Storage Facilities
Sometimes, moving can get a little more complicated that just going to a new home and settling. Maybe your new place is not yet complete or maybe you don’t even have a new place due to unavoidable circumstances. In such situations, moving your items to a secure storage for the time being becomes a viable option. The question however is, should you use self-storage units or go with moving storage facilities from your mover?
Here is a look at both options;
This type of storage is where you hire a storage unit in a building somewhere, move your items and you can access it anytime. Most self-storage units come in a variety of sizes and they even have climate controlled units to store delicate and valuable items.
- The biggest advantage of self-storage units is that they are easy to access especially if you choose to have external access door.
- Self-storage units are very affordable and allow you all the independence you want.
- You can be able to air out and even clean the storage unit whenever you want so your items won’t get dirty and smelly with time.
- You are responsible for taking your items to the unit and unloading it there and you will have to do the same when you decide to take the items back.
- All the loading and unloading can cause damage to your items.
- If you are hiring a moving truck to move your items to and from the storage unit, you have to deal with two companies and that is not convenient or easy.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Moving company storage
Moving companies do also provide storage facilities that should be paid monthly and they also have climate controlled units.
- The moving company is still responsible for your goods. They will take care of them and deliver them to your new location.
- The movers will not store the container just as it is without unpacking so there is minimal disturbance to your items.
- It’s very convenient because one company is handling all the moving and storage. You will not have to deal with multiple companies.
- You save some money since moving companies give great discounts to people who use their storage facilities.
- Since the movers are offering you full service, moving company storage is more than 20% more expensive than storage units.
- It’s also not easy to access your items with this kind of plan because you have to get permission and keys from the moving company each time. In fact some companies charge by the hour to allow you access to your container.
- Though the containers are safe and clean, over time, the items can get dusty and even start to smell because of lack of ventilation and cleanliness.
Making the decision to use self-storage units or moving company storage depends on your needs. If you don’t need to access your items for a long time, it is better to go with moving company storage for their convenience and professionalism.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services