- Schenectady Long Distance Moving Companies
- Tips to make moving easier
- The importance of hiring a professional moving company
- Steps to find a company you can trust
- Out of State Movers Near Me
- Our services
- Why you need us
- Looking for professional services?
Schenectady Long Distance Moving Companies
A-1 Auto Transport has been helping the residents of Schenectady and the U.S. at large move for over 25 years. Our clients benefit from free advice and tips from our moving experts. We offer flexible and affordable services and we are confident your move will be smooth and exciting. Whether you live in New York or any of the 50 states, we will deliver. We also relocate vehicles.
Tips to make moving easier
- This is a perfect time to upgrade your kitchen or living room. If the walls need painting or the floor needs refurbishing, be sure to handle the chores early to make settling in easy.
- Hold a garage sale and make a donation to charity foundations nearby of stuff you don’t need any more. Sort your items and only move with what's necessary.
- Pack an overnight bag with essentials like phone chargers, snacks, a change of clothes, medication, and toiletries. This way, you will have what you need without having to open the boxes.
- Make a list of names and companies you want notified about your move. Go to your local post office to change your address and send the new address to everyone on your list.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The importance of hiring a professional moving company
- No heavy lifting. Professional movers have a team of trained experts who have years of experience in handling the heavy and delicate stuff. They know how to wrap furniture and other bulky items and load them safely into the trucks. The chances of any item getting damaged are very slim.
- You get time for other things. A move is not just packing, loading and transporting your belongings. You need to find schools for your kids, set up utilities, prep your new house and clear any outstanding debts to mention just but a few. Add packing and you will simply not have sufficient time to accomplish all that. With a professional mover, everything will be taken care of so that you can focus on the other issues.
- Movers are insured. Items break during a move and there is no way of telling if it will be that expensive TV or your couch. To be safe, professional movers provide various insurance options. The full replacement value will cost a bit higher but is worth considering; your items will be fully replaced in case of an accident.
- You will have peace of mind. When you know your move is in the hands of professionals, your mind will be at ease. Normally, you will feel under a lot of pressure with all the tasks that await you. But with movers, you don't have to do anything. They are organized and know how to deal with obstacles that may arise.
Steps to find a company you can trust
- Find out the reputation of your mover before hiring them. Talk to your friends, co-workers, family members, and neighbors to learn the good and the bad of your mover. You will also find a ton of information in the BBB database. Read what people think about your mover and how they rate the company based on their personal experience.
- The license of your company should be valid. Never hire a company that is operating illegally. Every company should have a unique number issued by the U.S. Department of Transportation. For local moves, check the rules and regulations of moving household items.
- Estimates should be given in a writing. Reliable movers send a team for an in-house survey in order to provide an accurate estimate. Quotes given over the phone without confirmation of what you own will be misleading and cannot be relied upon.
Out of State Movers Near Me
- Military relocation
- Vehicle transport
- Long distance moving
- International moves
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
- Interstate moves
Why you need us
A-1 Auto Transport is one of the largest moving companies in the U.S. with offices in more than 30 states. Our services are tailored to facilitate strategies aimed at giving our clients a great moving experience. We have a powerful team who are carefully selected and trained to provide a personalized approach to your moving needs. With advanced technology, we have made major strides in the moving industry that ensures the security of your belongings. We even go a step further by helping you unpack, arrange your house and ensure you're fully settled.
Looking for professional services?
We offer services that go beyond your expectations. Talk to our friendly customer experts on 888-241-3110 for more. Fill out your details on the form at the top of this page for free quotes.