Sault Ste. Marie Long Distance Moving Companies
Sault Ste. Marie the county seat of Chippewa County is the third oldest city in the country. It is located in the Upper Peninsula of the state of Michigan. There is no better city to view the great Lake Superior at its best. Sault Ste. Marie has a variety of cultures due to the numerous European immigrants who settled around the https://www.a1autotransport.com/Michigan-moving/area in the 17th century. Visit the county museum and learn about the history of the great lakes. Cruise in majestic vessels at Lake Superior and St Mary’s River which separates its twin city of Sault Ste. Marie in Canada. Long distance moves are hectic especially when conducted by an amateur. A-1 Auto Transport has the most comprehensive moving and vehicle relocation services.
Why hire a professional mover
- Packing: Packing is the most tedious task when moving. It involves numerous items and time which accounts for 40% of the moving expenses. Professional moving companies have full-service moves where they pack, load, unpack and arrange your new premises. Your items are handled by professionals who ensure the highest safety standards are applied. They wrap delicate items with bubble wrap and pack glassware amongst clothing.
- The season: Moving during the winter season is risky. You can easily slip on ice when loading items in the vehicle. Your friends also work at a slower pace due to the cold temperature and foggy conditions. Professional movers have employees who have experience working in winter seasons. They are also aided by advanced equipment such as grippers, trolleys and ramps which ensure the items are loaded safely and swiftly.
- Security: When conducting a long distance move, your friends may steal some of your fashionable items while others may forget to load several items. Your belongings may also get stolen on the road. Moving companies have real-time satellite technology to track your belongings at any point across the world. They also sign agreements to secure your items and repay for any theft that happens on their watch.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
A checklist of the most reliable moving companies
Seek referrals for the MMA. They have over 100 moving companies in the state. They have undergone thorough vetting before registration. They also have been inspected by the Michigan Department of Transport and deemed worthy to offer moving services. They have comprehensive moving services such as:
- The customer’s rights and responsibilities
- How to select a reliable moving company
- How pricing works in long distance moves
- The company’s liabilities when moving
- Special moving services
Use the FMSCA website to verify the company’s physical addresses, safety rating and insurance information. Check the condition of moving vehicles and the type of drivers they use.
Ask for quotations from several companies and make a comparison. Check if the company offers additional services such as unpacking and storage. Additional expenses may result due to:
- Delay on the part of the customer
- Additional items on moving day
- Unforeseen circumstances such as extreme weather
- The customer requesting a single delivery where the company does not consolidate moves
Tips to make your move easy
Plan a budget and use it to determine how many items you need to move, when to move and the amount of help you require.
Enlist friends to help with your move weeks ahead. Inform the neighbours about your move and change the lease agreement with your landlord weeks in advance. Hire a baby sitter or send the kids to relatives as the moving day approaches.
Set a moving date that does not clash with your regular programme. Ensure you have zero distractions on moving day for an efficient move.
Separate fragile items and place them on the uppermost compartment when loading. Ensure they are adequately wrapped with bubble wrap or soft fabric. They should also have clear labels along the sides.
Have a central location for packing to reduce the time used to locate and move items.
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We are rated 5 stars by Moverreviews.com due to our incredible services. We also have a solid record with Corporate Critic due to our community empowerment programmes. At A-1 Auto Transport you can be sure of dealing with responsible and professional personnel.
Our moving services
- Military relocations
- Pet transport
- Commercial moves
- Bulky furniture moves
- Interstate moves
- Apartment moves
- Residential moves
- Storage services
Get in Touch
Visit A-1 Auto Transport or call us on 1-888-509-3213 and view the hundreds of moves we have on offer. Fill out the form at the top of our page and get a personalized discount for your first move.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.