Deliver Your Home Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for moving to or from Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Santa Fe Long Distance Moving Companies
In Santa Fe, the county seat of Santa Fe County and the capital city of New Mexico is a culture which is uncommon with most cities across the country. It is called the ‘City Different’ due to its laws, landscape and residents. It has been listed as a UNESCO creative city, the oldest state capital in the country and the best city to retire. If you have a move planned, talk to A-1 Auto Transport. We are an experienced moving and vehicle relocation company providing services across New Mexico.
Why you need a moving company
- Experience: Moving handle moves on a regular basis which ensures they provide quality services. They know how to pack different types of items and load them in the safest manner. They also know the best routes to use when transporting your items and how to navigate different terrain and weather conditions. When handling a self-move, your inexperienced helpers are bound to cause one or two accidents during the move.
- Dependability: Self-moves are unreliable since your friends could choose not to show up. This causes delays which lead to additional expenses. A moving company is bound by a contract; they appear at the agreed time and execute the move with efficiency. They come completely prepared for all tasks and any challenges that could crop up.
- Accountability: Moving companies take responsibility for your items during a move. They account for all items by taking an inventory and assessing their value. They also use professional personnel to handle all items. This ensures safe and swift services and in case any item gets damaged or misplaced, they repay accordingly.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
A checklist for a reliable moving company
- Recommendations: If your friends, family or people around you have dealt with a moving company in the past, they can offer trustworthy referrals. Let them narrate their experience with the moving company. They can also inform you about any issues they had with the moving company.
- Reviews: Customer reviews are among the best ways to understand how moving companies handle their customers. Check with the Better Business Bureau since it is one of the trustworthy organizations that handles moving companies.
- Membership: Check the company’s membership with the American Movers and Storage Association. They are the largest professional moving association in the country. They perform strict background checks to all moving companies before registering them. They also educate the public about moving.
- Moving rates: Request for a moving quotation from different moving companies and make a comparison. Reliable moving companies offer the quotation for free. They also include all costs such as hidden costs, items and unforeseen situations. Choose the company with the most affordable rates and any free extra services. Do not be tempted by low quotations since they can contain numerous hidden charges.
- Authorization: Enter the company’s DOT number at the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association to verify a movers household items moving license and insurance.
Tips to make your move smooth
- Start your preparations early. An efficient long distance move should be planned for at least two months beforehand.
- Schedule a moving date during the week in the middle of the month. There are fewer people moving which results in reduced moving costs and fast delivery intervals.
- Source for quality moving supplies weeks in advance. Use corrugated boxes to pack your items. They can hold loads heavier than normal. Ensure you also have markers to label the boxes and tapes to strengthen the edges and bottom of boxes.
- Cut down on your belongings. Sort out items you do not use/need and donate or sell them via a yard sale. Moving with unnecessary items increases your moving cost while weighing down your move.
- Document the condition of your items before packing. Also, create an inventory of all items you pack.
- Communicate with the company personnel regularly in case of new developments such as additional items or a change in the moving date.
Why use A-1 Auto Transport?
We work to make your moving process smooth and swift. We have the experience and professional training which assures you of quality services along each stage of the moving process.
Our moving services
- Affordable long distance moves
- Military moves
- Storage services
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Furniture moves
- Apartment relocations
- Vehicle shipping
- Door to door deliveries
- Senior moves
- Small moves
- Local moves
Contact us now
Call us on 1-888-509-3213 and have all your moving queries answered. Fill out the form at the top of our page and schedule a free walkthrough. We value and appreciate your feedback.