Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from San Rafael, California
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Being the county seat of Marin County, San Rafael has grown into a heavily commercialized region and a hub for technological advancement. Apart from attractive government jobs, the economy of San Rafael is majorly centered on entertainment, which includes films and video games from big companies like Lucas Arts, best known for Star Wars. Most people live just on the outskirts of the city center, where most schools, bedroom communities and recreational amenities are found. San Rafael also hosts the Dominican University of California which attracts scholars from across the Bay Area. A-1 Auto Transport is the trusted carrier firm in California for shipping cars to or from San Rafael.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|San Rafael to Los Angeles||$392||392 miles||2 – 4 days|
|San Rafael to Seattle||$602||803 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Denver to San Rafael||$748||1248 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Memphis to San Rafael||$1050||2101 miles||6 – 8 days|
|Nashville to San Rafael||$1156||2312 miles||6 – 8 days|
|San Rafael to New York||$1163||2909 miles||7 – 9 days|
|Detroit to San Rafael||$1197||2394 miles||6 – 8 days|
|San Rafael to Miami||$1250||3127 miles||7 – 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Areas we serve within San Rafael
A-1 Auto Transport is dedicated to sticking to our mantra, by providing ‘safe and reliable auto shipping’ services. We guarantee safety of the vehicles through our in-transit insurance policy and a well-trained team of experts. Reliability on the other hand, is guaranteed through timely deliveries across the most comprehensive scope of service when shipping cars to or from San Rafael.
We are familiar with the environs of San Rafael, as we ship cars to and from all communities. Among them include: Bay Islands, West End, Bayside Acres, Terra Linda, Bret Harte, Sun Valley, California Park, Smith Ranch, Canal, Santa Venetia, Canal Waterfront, Rafael Meadows, Central San Rafael, Picnic Valley, China Camp, Peacock Gap, Civic Center, North San Rafael Commercial Center, Country Club, Montecito, Dominican, Mont Marin, Fiar Hills, Marinwood, Francisco Boulevard West, Lucas Valley, Gerstle Park, Loch Lomond, Glenwood and San Rafael Hill.
Auto transport services we provide
- Open carrier services: Open carriers are multipurpose in nature, and the default long hauls we use when shipping any type of car. The car is simply rolled onto the flatbed racks and secured using straps before being shipped as it is. Although the car is left slightly exposed the course of the entire journey, it is completely safe from getting damaged. Open carriers offer sufficient room for shipping extremely large autos like RVs, coaches and heavy equipment like concrete mixers and excavators. Open carriers are readily available for any type of automotive compared to enclosed carriers, which may be slightly difficult to acquire especially when shipping large trucks.
- Enclosed carrier services: These carriers are specific to the type and number of autos they can accommodate. Reason being, they come with an intermodal container that limits its capacity. The container, however, offers extra protection against external elements that may damage the car, such as small rocks from the road and low hanging tree branches. Enclosed carriers are however, a slightly expensive option. We advise clients to opt for these carriers when shipping high-end cars like Range Rovers and Maybach, as such cars stand to gain more from the privacy provided for by the intermodal container.
- Multi-car shipping services: We use open carriers when shipping multiple cars. Single decked carriers can accommodate about 4 normal sized cars while double decked ones can accommodate twice as many. This creates a resource sharing advantage in which the client only needs to pay the hiring fee of a single carrier. Our team of experts can also formulate a cost-effective delivery schedule when transporting multiple cars, each heading to a different location.
Types of cars we transport
We offer a comprehensive service mix that caters for transportation of sedans, trucks, vans, SUVs, ATVs, electric cars, motorcycles, salvaged cars, high-end cars, inoperable cars, RVs & motorhomes as well as heavy equipment.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
How to prepare your car for shipping
- Leave about a quarter-full tank of gas. This is enough to cover the short movements involved with car hauling.
- Wash the car so as not to compromise the car hauler’s inspection report.
- Remove all personal belongings in order to comply with regulations set by the Department of Transportation.
- Have a spare set of car keys made for the driver in advance.
- Run a car maintenance check to ensure there are no fluid leaks, flat tires or low battery levels.
- Disable the car alarm.
- Confirm your contact details with the driver.
Access the detailed car prepping guide here.
Why opt for A-1 Auto Transport?
We are a convenient carrier firm that offers free online quoting services to all clients. We use a special algorithm to fairly price car shipping orders.
We speak app!
A-1 Auto Transport’s well-integrated mobile app gives you access to all our information at a touch of your phone’s screen. It also simplifies the procedure for placing your order for shipping cars to or from San Rafael. The app is free on both Android and Apple platforms.