San Leandro Long Distance Moving Companies
San Leandro is paradise for the cherry lovers. This California treasure has been famed for its rich history and neat tree-lined streets. People from the world-over have settled in San Leandro thanks to its warm weather all year round. So if you have decided to move to the beautiful cherry town surrounded by the blue waters and green trees — we are your best bet. We are long distance movers with plenty of wisdom to make your move seamless. We also relocate vehicles.
Tips to make your move easier
You should to take measurements of the height, length and width of the couch. If the legs are removable, do this with and without the legs. Compare your measurements to the areas you want the couches to squeeze through. These include the door frame, stairwell and elevator.
If the couch is wider, place it on its side with its legs lying horizontally. If this also fails to work, then you can turn it upright and angle it through the elevator or doorway.
If all the above scenarios prove futile, you can get creative by unhinging the door or taking off the legs of the couches. This should give you a few extra inches of wiggle room. You can also find other ways to get it out of the room like a large window or a back door.
When all else fail, it’s time to call professional movers.
These items are obviously very fragile, and need as much protection as they can get. Here’s what to do:
- Layer the bottom of the box with packing peanuts, packing foam or wadded newspaper. This is an important step, so don’t skip it or skimp on the padding!
- Wrap each piece in bubble-wrap or newspaper (or both).
- Place large serving platters on the bottom.
- Stack cups, bowls, dishes, etc. in sets of three or four, upside down.
- Plates are strongest standing up on their edges, and should be packed accordingly.
- For serving dishes with lids, wrap the dish and lid individually, then together.
- Continue packing the box this way until it’s full, then fill any remaining space with extra packing materials, until everything is snug and secure. You want there to be no wiggle-room.
- Top the box with extra packing materials, close it and tape it up, and write FRAGILE — CHINA/CRYSTAL in big letters on the box!
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you should hire a professional moving company
- Fragile items: If you have fragile items, you will need a lot of nifty gadgets and manpower with experience to do it successfully. This is where a moving company excels. They have all the aforementioned plus insurance cover to compensate for any breakages.
- Extra services: Many moving companies offer services like packing, storage, installation and assembly & disassembly of furniture. While a tad pricey the convenience is well-worth the cost.
How to find the best moving company
- Check the company’s history: Check the track record of the company on trusted review sites like BBB. You also can ask your colleagues, neighbor business partners, who have used their services.
- Visit company office: An onsite will give you a better understand of their work, state of their trucks and also give you a leg up in negotiating.
- Delivery services of the packers and movers: You need to avoid hiring a company that does not deliver at your doorstep.
- Check for scope of insurance and hidden price: If they do not provide insurance services, then you should not take their services. Also ensure the cost of insurance is within the quote and not a separate charge.
Our moving services
- Local and Long Distance Moving
- State to State and Cross Country Moving
- Residential and Commercial Moving
- Heavy Furniture- Example: Pool Table and Piano Moving
- Door to Door Moving
- International Relocations
- Full Service Packing and Unpacking
- Moving Storage Solutions
- Packaging Materials and Solutions
- Military and Student Moving
- Office Relocations
- Apartment and Studio Relocations
- Vehicle Relocations
- Cheap San Leandro movers
Why A-1 auto transport?
At A-1 Auto transport, you have the option of picking a full service or a partial service depending on your needs and budget. This kind of customer oriented approach has seen us win over a wide client base. They range from individual customers to corporations.
Our customers have been very impressed with our services as evidenced by our online testimonials. They have praised our economical rates and quality services.
Get in touch!
If you are planning a move to or from San Leandro, kindly contact our experts on our toll free line 888-509-3213. Don’t forget to get free estimates by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.