Salem Long Distance Moving Companies
Moving can make you realize your passion or purpose in life. People move for reasons such as vacation, work or better housing. And if you’re moving to Salem, we’ve got your back! Salem is a city in Columbiana County, the state of Ohio. It is one of Youngstown inner ring suburbs. The city has one of the best underground rail systems connecting various towns in the county. Salem also has several historic district houses which have been listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
If you have planned a move here, talk to us. We also handle auto transportation.
Why engage the services of a professional mover?
- Expertise. Moving companies have the expertise required to conduct moves safely and swiftly. Their skills arise from experience and professional training. They know how to safely pack multiple household goods such as valuables and delicate items. They also have the strength to lift heavy items and the stamina to work for long hours. Moving companies also know how to deal with unexpected problems which might arise. They can tackle extreme weather, heavy traffic or dead elevators.
- A professional inventory. Accounting for all household goods you are moving is an important task. Moving companies understand the need to keep your items safe from misplacements or theft. They list all the items in their possession and load them strategically. They can locate a specific item in a clutter of belongings with ease. The inventory also makes it easier for you when unpacking.
- Packing. Under self-moves, people often use their friends to help them with packing. This could be in a bid to save money, but it can be more expensive in the end. Friends can break your items, while some might pack slowly and delay your move. Moving companies have professional packers. They have handled packing for large families and corporates alike which means they are widely experienced. They also have insurance in case your household goods get damaged in their possession.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
3 tips to choose the best mover in Salem
- Understand the type of services you need and look for the company which matches your requirements. You might need packing, unpacking, and house arrangement services if you have delicate or loads of household goods. This saves you money and time you could use to handle other important tasks. If you have a lean budget, consider acquiring free moving materials and handling packing.
- Review the company you want to hire. Do not assume the company is legitimate without conducting some due diligence. Check their service record from the Better Business Bureau and other trusted internet sources. The company might be involved in moving scams. A reliable company should have little or no complaints. To avoid getting into disputes with moving companies, verify their consumer complaint history.
- Enter the company’s DOT number at the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association to view their compliance with the United States Department of Transport requirements. All state to state moving companies should have a valid household moving license and base level insurance. Use the Ohio Public Utilities Commission to verify local moving companies.
- Avoid moving companies with no permanent physical address.
- Do not give more than a 20% deposit to any company.
- All agreements should be documented on paper.
- Avoid companies that have not been assessed by the Better Business Bureau.
What to do when moving to Salem
- Ensure you have a 2-3 months period as your preparation time. This ensures you are efficient.
- Move during the fall or winter season when there are fewer people moving. Moving companies often give good deals during these periods.
- Scale down your move. Sort out your belongings and put aside items you do not need. Such household goods increase your moving cost and weigh down your hauling efficiency.
- Pack your household goods strategically. Start with the room with the most (and rarely used) items as you proceed to the one with essential items.
- Ensure you are at least 90% ready before moving day. You can do so by packing all your items, placing them in strategic positions and filling out all ‘change of residence’ utility forms.
- Create an inventory of all items you pack and load. Make sure the company’s inventory aligns with yours before they leave.
Why trust A-1 Auto Transport?
Our deep knowledge of the moving and auto transport industry stems from the 25 years we have been in the industry. Our personnel are also swift and friendly.
Our services include:
- State to state moves
- Furniture moves
- Military moves
- Corporate relocations
- Storage services
- Small moves
- Auto transport
- Senior moves
- Pool table moves
- Door to door relocations
Try us out
Are you are looking forward to a pleasant move? Please call us on 1-888-509-3213, or find us at A-1 Auto Transport. We also conduct a free walkthrough for customers who fill out the form at the top of our page.