Moving is a universal process that every human being is bound to go through at one point or another in their lives. In America, the average adult will move an average of 12 times in their entire lifetime, which translates to about once every 6 years! Furthermore, it is also obvious that renters tend to move more than homeowners due to various reasons such as expiry of their lease or the desire to move to a better neighborhood. Students also tend to move around quite a bit, though this is a more seasonal move usually around fall. You probably are also considering a move soon to or from Saginaw Valley State University . However, do not let the depressing moving statistics cow you into expecting a stressful move. Our company has handled thousands of student moves in Michigan and all over the country seamlessly. It is therefore possible that your impending move can be just as smooth, if you follow our moving advice and tips.
How to achieve a flawless student move
Moving as a student is a process often considered to be daunting. However, with the moving tips listed below, you are well on your way to achieving a smooth move.
- Plan early: Failing to plan ultimately means that you have planned to have a stressful student move. It is essential that you plan for every single detail of your move by writing it down. Ensure that you cross it off your list once you achieve it.
- Embrace the transition: Moving is an emotionally draining process, especially if you are not ready to move. Look forward to the transition and approach it with positivity. This will lend in a huge way towards having a stress-free move.
- Hire movers: Having someone to handle your entire move is such a stress-reliever. Professional movers are equipped to handle your entire move at a cost.
Advantages of hiring professional movers
Hiring a professional mover for your student move should not be considered extravagant. In fact, the benefits far outweigh any disadvantages, as outlined below.
- Cost saving: Hiring a mover is a big investment, but it is one that pays off in the end. For starters, you cannot put a price tag on the peace of mind that comes with hiring movers. Furthermore, since movers provide all the services you need in one place, you will save lots of time you might have otherwise spent looking for different suppliers of different services.
- Safety of your belongings: Trained moving crews are able to handle the most fragile items with no breakage. Moreover, professional movers extend insurance cover to your items for the duration of the move.
- Ease of budgeting: A professional mover will provide you with a moving estimate which captures all the costs of your moving which makes budgeting for your move easier than if you had to use rough estimates of your own.
How to find the best moving company
Professional movers offer different moving services and you want one who will fit your bill perfectly. Here are a few tips to get you started on the process of finding a good mover.
- Be specific: It is important that you know exactly what kind of services you need for your move. Whether you need a full service move, or hauling services only, you must be clear as you start looking for a moving company.
- Search locally: A local moving company will be your best bet based on their know-how of your current location. Furthermore, a local mover will be able to offer you better services such as a walk- through inventory because of their proximity.
- Compare prices: Be sure to shop around and compare the prices of the local movers. Be advised that cost alone cannot point you in the right direction, but it is a good indicator of the kind of services you hope to receive.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
A-1 Auto Transport Inc moving services
We offer a wide range of moving services which include full service moves, auto transport, specialty shipping of pool tables, dorm arrangement, apartment moving, door to door moving as well as packing and unpacking services. We also offer local and long distance moving, nationwide moving and international moving services.
Benefits of moving with us
We are a moving services provider with over twenty years of experience in the moving industry. Our proven track record is backed by the consistently good reviews that we have with the Better Business Bureau. Furthermore, we are fully licensed and insured, with American Moving and Storage Association and ProMover memberships.
Make the right choice
You can make us your moving partner by calling us via 888-509-3213. Moreover, you can reach us by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com