Saginaw Long Distance Moving Companies
Saginaw is a city in Central Michigan which is also the seat of Saginaw County. The city was a large manufacturing giant in the 20th century. Most steel, structural wood and utensils in Michigan were made in Saginaw. The city still has higher manufacturing activity than the national average. It still processes lumber and cosmetic products. The city has diversified into tourism with the Saginaw Rivera and Lake Huron being the main attractions. There are multiple swimming, boating and fishing competitions in the summer. Move to a new city and meet new people. Moving is demanding especially when done by an inexperienced mover. A-1 Auto Transport has a moving and vehicle relocation experience of over 25 years. Move to Saginaw and learn at the art and railways museum. There are open lawns for picnics, grills and playgrounds. You can trust A-1 Auto Transport for incredible services at affordable rates.
Why hire a professional mover?
Moving has several tasks which are time-consuming. You need to:
- Change your driver’s license for a state to state move
- Hire moving supplies like trucks, a driver and loading equipment
- You need to switch utilities and your lease agreement
Moving companies handle all these tasks to make your move easier. They ensure you have time for your family, employment and business.
Accidents may happen along when moving. You are liable for any item that breaks when handling a self-move. In case you or your friends get injured, you are also liable for their medical bills. This leaves you vulnerable and can break your move. Hire professional movers who come with an insurance cover for the items, building and personnel.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best mover in Saginaw
Check for movers operating within the state of Michigan at the Michigan Movers Association. The association is the oldest operating association in the Midwest. It registers reliable moving companies after running them through rigorous tests. They dictate the behavior of moving companies towards customers. They also deal with consumer complaints and deregister any member who defaults on their rules.
Use the MDOT to verify an intrastate movers’ license. The company should have an operational license and valid insurance. The insurance should cover the items in the house, personnel and items in transit. Also remember to check the number of complaints the mover registers annually.
Check for previous customer reviews at Yelp. The organization has verified reviews from thousands of customers. You get to know how movers handle customers and how they respond to complaints. If you have to use additional review sites ensure they are reputable and verified to avoid being duped by fake reviews.
What to do for a simple move to Saginaw
- Hire the most experienced moving company. You do not want an amateur moving your fine china or heirloom. They also have superb services and higher professionalism.
- Ensure all transactions you conduct with the company are documented. Ask all questions when the company representative comes to conduct the walk-through.
- Before you begin packing, sell and donate items you no longer use. Some furniture, clothes and electrical equipment you last used years ago do not offer any benefit when being moved. They use up space in your new house and increase the moving cost.
- Reduce the moving cost by packing 80% of your belongings before the movers arrive. Movers charge per hour on moving day. Dismantle large furniture and place it close to exits. Place the packed boxes in a central position. It aids in the personnel’s movement which reduces the time and subsequent moving charge.
- Place delicate items in a separate area and mark them using huge and bright colours. This ensures they are easily identifiable thus movers can apply extra caution.
- Make copies of important documents and save the rest electronically.
- Pack a first night bag to be used on arrival at your premises. It should contain cooking appliances, toiletries and clean clothes.
- Liaise with the previous tenant to switch utilities like gas, electricity and water before moving in.
Why use A-1 Auto Transport?
A-1 Auto Transport is rated A+ by Better Business Bureau due to our incredible services and complaints resolutions. Check our satisfactory safety rating record and zero pending violations at the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association.
Our moving services
- Affordable long distance moves
- Office moves
- Military moves
- Pet transport
- International moves
- Pool table moves
- Piano moves
- Full-service moves
- Storage services
Contact us today
Call us on 1-888-509-3213 and reserve your moving spot. Get a free no-obligation quote by filling out the form at the top of our page. We also have great discounts for our first time customers.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.