Deliver Your Home Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for moving to or from Saco, Maine
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Saco Long Distance Moving Companies
As moving day approaches, enlisting the services of professional movers is advisable. They have everything figured out and know all the ins and outs of moving. A-1 Auto Transport is here to help in this exciting and overwhelming phase in your life. If you are relocating to or from Saco, you need a mover who understands the area. We are based in Maine and provide the best moving services including vehicle transport.
The best moving tips
- If there are clothes on hangers, use trash bags to carry them with the hangers without folding them. When you arrive at your new house, you’ll simply hang them back up. Alternatively, instead of folding your clothes roll them so that they occupy less space.
- Let the professionals handle delicate items such as vases, antiques, and artifacts. They are more experienced and will keep them safe during transit.
- Visit the new house a few weeks before moving in to set up everything to make unpacking and arranging your items easy. Paint the walls and make renovations whenever necessary since it’s easier when the house is empty.
- Remember to change your address by visiting the local post office or fill it online. This is crucial if you want to continue receiving your bank statements, bills and other important notifications. Note that you’ll need to notify your friends and business associates of the impending move and give them the new address.
Why you need a professional moving company
- Avoid injuries: Although you may opt to ask for help from your friends and family, they don’t have the expertise of professional movers. Moving heavy and bulky household items may pose a risk to the physical health of everyone involved. But with professionals, they have the skills and training to handle cumbersome items and safely load them into the trucks.
- Safety and security: A professional moving company has the resources to make sure your items get to your destination safely within the deadline. They have the skills and strength to handle heavy items without risking the safety of anyone involved. Their trucks are designed to protect your belongings further while in transit to ensure safe delivery.
- Secure storage: If you need a temporary place to keep your items, consider hiring a professional moving company. At A-1 Auto Transport, we store household items in secure facilities that are under 24-hour surveillance. The units are climate controlled to keep the condition of your items intact so you can be confident that they are in safe hands.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Steps to find a reputable moving company
- First, ask friends, neighbors or work colleagues if they can suggest any good moving companies. Create a shortlist of a few moving companies to do an initial screening to find out more about their services and moving rates. Do thorough research on the moving company you’re interested in before making a final decision.
- Secondly, verify the credentials of your moving company to ascertain its legitimacy. Never hire a moving company that’s operating illegally. It means you can’t find their records in the FMCSA database hence making it difficult to trace them in case of any mishaps. Long distance movers should have a valid USDOT Number to be allowed to cross state borders.
- Thirdly, find out what other people are saying about your moving company by reading online reviews. Customers usually share their moving experiences about moving companies through trusted sites like the Better Business Bureau or Angie’s List. Getting the perspective of other people will help you learn more about the conduct and professionalism of the moving company.
- Lastly, visit the Licensing an Insurance Public database to confirm if you’re hiring an insured moving company. Different movers offer different insurance options that depend on your budget. It’s advisable to purchase additional insurance for extra protection.
- Commercial moving
- International moving
- Packing services
- Vehicle transport
- Coast to coast moving
- Office relocation
- Residential relocation
- Military moving
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We are the best in the moving business with over 25 years of moving thousands of people to different places. We handle your items with care until the final destination. We are proud members of the American Moving and Storage Association and you can trust us with your household items. If you are looking for convenient, reliable and affordable moving services, look no further than A-1 Auto Transport.
Call our friendly customer representatives on 888-509-3213 for further details about our services. For free moving estimates, please fill out the form at the top of this page.