When you think of moving, what is the first scenario that comes to mind? For some people, they think of a challenging process or an uphill task, while others find it exciting. Despite these mixed feelings about moving, it remains one of life’s most consistent processes that happen to every human being at least once in their entire lifetime. In America, a recent survey showed that the average American adult will move at least 12 times in their entire lifetime, which is about once in every 6 years! Students in America also make up a significant percentage of the moving masses. Your move to or from Rutgers Schools of Biomedical and Health Sciences is one of thousands of moves happening all over the country, including New Jersey. However, your move need not be as stressful as it has been made out to be. We have been in the business of moving students like you for over twenty years now with great success rates. At A-1 Auto Transport Inc, we make your seamless move our top priority.
Tips to having a smooth student move
Moving can be a challenging process; moving as a student can be even more daunting as it is a first time project of its kind. However, you can have a smooth student move if you follow these moving tips listed below.
- Rest: The temptation to work through the night to get ready for your move is great. However, the fatigue is bound to catch up with you and cause you lots of stress on moving day when you cannot get a minute to rest. Take time in the days running up to the move to have a good night’s rest, every night.
- Prepare early: In order to prevent moving stress, start your preparations to move as soon as you can which is about 6 weeks to your move. You may start buying or sourcing for moving supplies, booking a mover and so on.
Why you should consider hiring a professional moving company
Moving is a project which is handled best by moving companies. Here are some reasons why this is so.
- Reliability: Professional movers peg their business success on the success of your move, so they will put their money where their mouth is.
- It’s easy to plan ahead: When you hire professional movers, it becomes easier to set a date and time to every task that is part of your move. Moreover, you will not have to deal with last-minute rushes as everything will be done by the book according to the schedule that you set.
Tips to finding the best moving company
Finding a moving company is a process that should be conducted with utmost care. Here are some tips to help you settle on the best moving company for your student move.
- Interview some moving companies: You can begin by interviewing some local professional movers near you. Ask as many questions as you can concerning your move, as well as other moves they have handled in the past. As you talk to them, be sure to take note of how satisfactorily they answer your questions and how interested they are in helping you.
- Take notes: As you interview the company, be sure to take notes against each company. Outline your notes in an organized way that will allow you to make easy comparisons after interviewing all the companies on your list.
- Make an informed choice: After going through steps one and two, you can make an informed decision on which company to use for your move. Remember to consult your notes and ask for clarifications from the company before making a final decision.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
A-1 Auto Transport Inc moving services
Our options for moving services include university dorm arrangement, apartment moving, door to door moving, moving labor for hire, affordable moving estimates, access to affordable moving companies, furniture disassembly and reassembly, auto transport and moving storage. Additionally, we offer local moving, long distance moving, interstate and national moving as well as international relocation services.
Why you should consider making us your moving partner
We are a fully fledged moving services provider with over twenty years experience in the moving industry. Our company is fully licensed and insured, with memberships with the American Moving and Storage Association. Furthermore, we are a recognized ProMover with great rankings by the Better Business Bureau.
Call us today
You can reach us for all your moving needs and queries by calling us via 888-509-3213. Additionally, when you fill out the form at the top of this page, we will contact you shortly.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.