Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Royal Oak, Michigan
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe & Reliable Royal Oak Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Welcome to the A-1 Auto Transport guide to shipping a car in Royal Oak, Michigan! Whether you need a vehicle shipped to or from Oakland County, the information below will help you make an informed decision when choosing an auto transport company. In the first section, we’ve included three tips to help you understand the process and preparation of shipping a vehicle. The second section is a directory of local auto movers in the region that move cars in Royal Oak. We encourage readers to call us at the number at the top of the page with their questions, or for a free price quote.
Go here for a detailed Royal Oak shipping information page.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|Royal Oak to Indianapolis||$299||299 miles||2 – 4 days|
|Royal Oak to New York||$469||626 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Royal Oak to Boston||$537||716 miles||3 – 5 days|
|New Orleans to Royal Oak||$647||1079 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Dallas to Royal Oak||$729||1216 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Royal Oak to Albuquerque||$954||1591 miles||5 – 7 days|
|Royal Oak to Las Vegas||$1007||2014 miles||6 – 8 days|
|Royal Oak to Los Angeles||$1140||2281 miles||6 – 8 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Using Royal Oak Auto Transport Services
- Remove Personal Items – Before the shipper will load your vehicle onto the transport trailer, it needs to be clean and empty. This means that any personal items should be removed from the car, as well as any other nonpermanent components. Items included on this list are GPS navigation units, detachable stereo parts, toll cards and passes, and any other electronic devices. This requirement is in place so that items inside the vehicle don’t cause damage while the driver is hauling it. While it may seem like a trivial concern, items inside the car can move during transport–especially during long distance trips–and cause damage to the interior. (Some transport companies may allow a minimal amount of personal items to be stored in the trunk.)
- Gas Level & Alarm System – Removing personal belongings isn’t the only preparation you’ll need to do before your car is picked up. You’ll also need to disable the car alarm or any security system before the vehicle can be loaded onto the carrier. This is done so that the driver doesn’t have to contend with car alarms going off while in the process of driving. The amount of gas in the tank should be no more than 1/4 of a tank–some auto shippers may even request as little as 1/8 of a tank. Having less gas in the tank means that the overall cargo weight is less, which in turn reduces the total cost of shipping. It’s also safer to move multiple vehicles when they have less fuel in them.
- Information You’ll Need – In order to take advantage of the free estimates offered by auto shippers, there is some basic information that you’ll need to provide. The make, model and year of the vehicle are required, as are the pickup and drop off locations. (If you’re shipping a vehicle other than a car, be sure to mention that as well–most websites will have menu options that reflect the services they offer.) In cases of door-to-door auto transport, the specific address will be needed. If your car is inoperable or has any modifications to it, that also needs to be mentioned since it can affect the method of shipping required. If you have the specific dates or a window of time that you need your vehicle delivered within, that will help the companies you’re working with give you the most accurate quote possible.
Want to find other businesses and services in Royal Oak, Michigan? Visit the city’s official website to learn what’s available locally.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Royal Oak, Michigan Auto Transport Directory
Reliable Carriers Inc
Reliable Carriers ships vehicles to cities within the continental United States and Canada. They have GPS tracking available for all shipments and their carriers are equipped with air-ride suspension.
41555 Koppernick Road
Canton, MI 48187
Jackson Auto Transport
A nationwide auto shipper, Jackson Auto Transport offers door to door service through the U.S. They have been in business for more than 20 years and ship vehicles of all types.
1833 Hawthorne Road
Grosse Pointe Woods, MI 48236
United Road Services: Warren (Northland)
United Road is one of the more established names in the car shipping business. Like A-1 Auto Transport, they are a member of the Environmental Protection Agency’s SmartWay program and ship to locations domestically and internationally.
32800 Dequindre Road
Warren, MI 48092
Royal Oak includes ZIP codes
48067, 48068, 48073, 48220.