Round Lake Long Distance Moving Companies
Starting life in a new place is an eye opener. For most people, this is a chance to start over. To make your move more comfortable and fulfilling, you need the services of a professional moving company. A-1 Auto Transport is based in Illinois and provides top-notch moving services to clients all over the world. Every move is unique and that’s why we have designed solutions to suit the specific needs of every person. Make the switch today and let’s help you relocate to Round Lake with ease. We also offer vehicle transport services.
The best moving tips
- Downsize your items by only packing what you need. Most of the stuff in our houses is of no value yet we tend to hold on to it. Be ruthless when deciding what to move and what to donate or sell. This way, you’ll reduce your load and pay less.
- Make sure you have plenty of boxes of different sizes before you start packing. Use the small boxes to pack heavy items and the large boxes to pack light items. Keep the maximum load below 50 pounds so that you can easily carry the boxes.
- If you have jewelry and other valuable items, pack them separately and find a safe place to keep them throughout the journey. Most of these items are expensive and irreplaceable hence the need for special care and attention.
- When packing plates, use soft clothes to wrap them before packing them vertically in the boxes. You may place plastic plates in-between your dishes to protect them from breaking. Fill any spaces left using unprinted newsprint or towels.
- Ask your moving company to provide you with a list of items they won’t move. Movers are prohibited from transporting hazardous and flammable materials due to public safety.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need to hire a reputable moving company
- Save money. Most people undervalue the moving cost especially when moving on their own. Due to lack of experience, they fail to factor in some important factors such as insurance for the hired trucks. They end up spending more than they had intended to. But with a professional moving company, all the expenses are captured as one and you only pay a fixed amount.
- Accountability. When you hire a professional mover, they become responsible for the safety of your belongings. The movers are required by law to provide the standard insurance cover of 60 cents per pound per item. In case your items get damaged or lost during the process, you’ll be eligible for compensation.
- Storage units. If you want your items moved before you, or you moved into a small apartment awaiting the completion of your house, you’ll need a place to keep your items. A professional moving company has secure, climate-controlled storage facilities to store your items until you are ready to collect them.
Ways to find a reliable moving company
- Check the number of complaints that have been filed against the moving company you intend to hire. Through the FMCSA website, you can find the company history which can help you determine whether or not to hire a particular mover. A reliable mover always strives to resolve any matters that arise during a move.
- Interstate movers should have a valid USDOT Number while in-state movers should be licensed by the Illinois Commerce Commission.
- A reliable mover should send their inspectors for an in-house survey before giving you an estimate. Companies that provide quotes over the phone cannot be trusted since their estimates will be faulty.
- Visit the Illinois Movers’ and Warehousemen’s Association to check if your moving company is listed. The association makes sure that’s its members are properly screened before being certified.
We handle the following services
- Vehicle transport
- Long distance moving
- Military relocation
- Office relocation
- International moves
- Door to door moving
- Residential moving
- Corporate moving
- Storage services
- Full-service pack
- Cheap Round Lake movers
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We have been the leading moving company since inception. We have a well-trained team that can handle any move whether big or small. We are truly focused on meeting our business objectives, and understand how significant a move is to you and your family. A-1 Auto Transport provides more than just outstanding services; we take care of your moving needs so that you can settle smoothly.
Visit our offices or call us now on 888-509-3213 for details on the services that will suit you. For free moving estimates, please fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org