Rocky Mount Long Distance Moving Companies
You could be moving the second or third time in your adulthood. The most important thing is to make it exciting. Along with moving your entire possession, you will have a dozen other things that also require your attention. If you've finally decided to move to or from Rocky Mount, A-1 Auto Transport, North Carolina, is your one-stop shop for all things moving. Whether you're joining college or you just graduated and landed your first big job, we are here for you. We offer specialized services such as military relocation and vehicle transport.
Top house moving tips
- Create a meal plan: You can’t move perishables and need to have a plan that will help you use up all the food in your kitchen and freezer. Vegetables, fruits, and meat spoils fast and could mess other items. Instead of throwing food away, contact a local charity home and arrange when they should come pick it up.
- Purge your items: Instead of moving with household items that you no longer need, sort them into categories and decide what to do with those that you don’t need. Holding a garage sale will help you save some money for the move or purchase new furniture. The fewer items you move, the lower the moving cost.
- Reserve your date in advance: Choose a reliable moving company and book your date at least 4 weeks early. Avoid moving on weekends due to the busy schedule of movers. Pick a date that falls in the middle of the week or month.
- Pack shoes separately: Use their original boxes if you still have them. Before packing the shoes, stuff each with a pair of socks to keep their shape intact. The heaviest shoes should be at the bottom followed by the lighter ones.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why it is important to hire a professional moving company
- Efficiency and speed. If moving on your own, you have to endure a lot of fatigue which means the move will take longer. On the other hand, movers will pack, load, transport and unload fast and efficiently. They are keen when handling delicate stuff and will make sure there are no delays. The movers will be with your every step of the way and help you settle in your new home with ease.
- Customized services. Every move is tailored to fit your specific needs. Whether you're moving across town or the country, professional movers know exactly what to do. They will collaborate with you to ensure the entire process is streamlined. You can count on them to make prompt deliveries to a destination of your choosing.
- Insurance coverage. Your items are valuable and require protection. That’s why professional movers offer various insurance options you can choose from. Though the full value replacement might be a bit costly, it is the best option since your items will be fully repaired or replaced.
Things to look for in a reliable moving company
Is your mover affiliated with any national trade associations? The American Moving and Storage Association certifies companies only if they meet certain criteria set by AMSA. Movers should also agree to abide by the rules governing the transportation of household items.
Remember to check the license first. You don’t want your items handled by rogue operators. Check the FMCSA database for the complaints history of your mover. You will also find other details such as contact information and the location of your mover. This will help you determine whether or not to hire the company.
Get the estimates of more than 4 movers to compare their rates. The more the movers the easier it will be to know the average rate. Beware of movers charging suspiciously low prices. There might be an underlying trick they intend to use on you.
Our specialized services include
- Interstate moving
- International moves
- Military relocation
- Office relocation
- Vehicle transport
- Door to door moving
- Residential moving
Why you should use our services
Every client is assigned a team that will dedicate their time to facilitating a safe and secure move. We analyze your needs and support you at a time when you need us most. We have been the leaders in moving houses for over 25 years and take our service commitment seriously. At A-1 Auto Transport, we don't cut corners. We always seek to work together with you to provide the most significant and relevant services.
Make a decision to hire us today and positively influence the outcome. Call our toll free number 888-509-3213. Your free quotes form is available at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org