Rock Island Long Distance Moving Companies
A higher quality of life, economic health and affordable housing are some of the qualities that make the county seat of Rock Island a favorite destination. Residential activities are located on central Rock Island while downtown hosts entertainment spots like nightclubs, theatres, a casino and bike paths. The city has art such as statues and Illinois maps from the 19th century. Rock Island’s diverse population enables it to enjoy several festivals across the year. The first games of the National Football League were played in Rock Island. As a member of the Quad cities, it enjoys the economic trade and security of the huge population. Engage A-1 Auto Transport for a flawless move. We also deal with auto transport.
Reasons to consider hiring professional movers
- A relaxed state of mind: Moving companies have a sufficient workforce and appropriate equipment. This ensures they can handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a safe manner. While you are dealing with address change and switching utilities, the company can pack, load and arrange the items in your new premises.
- Accountability: Professional movers are accountable for all items in transit. Once you hire a moving company, be assured your items will arrive as they left. They mark all the items as they are packed and loaded and inspect the condition of each item. The trucks are monitored from the headquarters to ensure the items are secure from theft and damage. All the insured items are reimbursed in case accidents occur. Since a mover knows they are liable for any accident, items are handled with optimum safety. The team finishes loading and ensures nothing has been left behind.
- Properly stocked: Moving companies have the right equipment. Their vehicles can navigate extreme weather and move for long periods without breaking down. The company has dollies to move stacked boxes from the house to the vehicle. Ramps are used across stairs to slide heavy items with no wheels. The trained employees safely move delicate items such as pool table and pianos. They have vast experience which ensures they can move very heavy items like gun safes and also deal with delicate items like glassware.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Tips for an easy move to Rock Island
- After hiring a desirable moving company, ensure the company sends a representative for a walk-through. Ask questions such as the experience and number of customers they have handled within your locality.
- When organizing moving activities, ensure each task has adequate time. You can consult the company to know when to factor procurement and packing. Some moving supplies like dollies and corrugated boxes may be hard to find and it is advisable to source them a month in advance.
- You can buy, rent or get free moving supplies like corrugated boxes, tapes, dollies, marker pens and ramps at U-Haul and com. They also have useful in-depth information about moving companies and packing tips.
- Pack 80% of your items before the company arrives. Moving companies charge by the hour, so keep the time spent handling the move at a minimum.
- Essentials like toiletries, cooking items, and clean clothes should be packed in an overnight bag. They help you adjust to the new premises easily. Play some music and take a warmth bath to recover quickly.
How to select the best mover in Rock Island
- Experience: Conduct a background search with IMAWA. Review the records of a company since inception. Ask for contacts of three people that the company have handled before.
- License and insurance: Interstate movers have a USDOT number, while Illinois movers have an IDOT number. Verify the company’s permits with FMSCA. Moving companies should also have a satisfactory safety rating and valid permits to move household items.
- Reviews: Confirm previous customer experiences with the moving company. Use sites like Yelp or BBB to review customer reviews and ratings.
Why you should hire A-1 Auto Transport
A-1 Auto Transport has over 2 decades of experience in the industry. We have revolutionized the moving industry and set the bar higher each year. We have diversified and improved the types of moves by professionally training our employees and advancing our equipment. Expect effectiveness and consistency when dealing with us.
Our moving services
- Interstate moves
- Local moves
- Vehicle transport
- Office moves
- Bulky and specialized furniture moves
- Corporate relocations
- Vacation moves
- Military moves
- Cheap Rock Island movers
Call us today
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.