Richmond Long Distance Moving Companies
Long distance moving is one of the most common types of move across the country. They can be demanding, but with a moving company it becomes an easy affair. In the state of New York lies Richmond County, the smallest borough of New York City, but the third largest by land size. Richmond is an island which has some of the most scenic sites in the country. There are camping sites, numerous wildlife and large navy vessels. If you plan to move to Richmond, talk to A-1 Auto Transport for a smooth relocation. We also handle vehicle relocations.
Why hire a moving company?
- Flexibility. Moving companies have the experience and resources to provide any service the customer needs. They can pack your items and arrange your house under the full-service moves. The company also lets you choose the moving date and which routes you are more comfortable with.
- A single trip. If you have numerous items and you want them moved in a single trip, moving companies can handle that. They have large trucks that can hold tons of items and deliver them within your timeline. Moving such items using self-moves would probably take several vehicles doing two or more trips. A single trip is also cost-effective since you save money that could have been used on additional fuel, labor and hiring several trucks.
- Management. Moving can be a hectic endeavor due to the large number of activities involved. Moving companies have professionals whose roles are clear and your move will be well coordinated. They also draft a plan before handling each move; this ensures there is little or no confusion.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Steps to hire a steadfast moving company
- Check a list of moving companies at the American Movers and Storage Association. This is the most professional moving association in the country. It works to make the moving industry better by eliminating rogue movers and encouraging customers to use moving companies. It also educates the public about moving.
- Ensure you are dealing with a legitimate moving company by checking their license and registration status at the FMCSA. The body is mandated by the United States Department of Transport to regulate moving, storage and auto transport companies in the country.
- Take an inventory of all items you want moved and ask several companies for a moving quote. The quote is based on the distance you are moving and the amount of items you want moved. They should also send a company representative for a walkthrough which ensures they hand you an in-depth estimate. Choose the company with affordable rates and additional services at no extra cost.
- Read the moving booklet from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association to understand how long distance moves work.
- When signing the moving contract, read through the terms and conditions. Ensure there are no hidden charges and in the event they occur, you should establish who is liable for paying them.
Tips for a seamless move
Create a moving plan.
2-3 months ahead
- Hire a reliable moving company.
- Purge your items. Move with those you only need.
- Source for moving supplies. Ensure you have quality corrugated boxes, tapes and markers. If you make a full-service move with A-1 Auto Transport, you get free corrugated boxes.
- Get to know your new home. Make friends with the neighbors and learn the rules and regulations of the estate.
1 month ahead
- Set up your change of address with the post office.
- Start packing valuables and personal items before anything else. They should also be moved under your care.
- Use a packing list to make the process organized and smooth. Begin by packing seasonal items as your proceed to the day to day items.
- Change your lease agreement with the old landlord and sign a new one for your new place.
On moving day
- Pack a first night bag.
- Supervise the loading of your items.
- Sign off your items to the moving company.
Why use A-1 Auto Transport?
A-1 Auto Transport makes the process of moving smooth. We have the best services among moving and vehicle relocation companies in the country. This is evident from the numerous positive reviews we get from the customers we handle.
Our moving services
- Door to door deliveries
- Small moves
- Local moves
- Full-service moves
- Storage services
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Furniture moves
- Pet transport
- Vacation moves
- Corporate relocations
- College moves
Contact us today
Please call us on 1-888-509-3213 for stress-free moving services. Fill out the form at the top of our page and get a free no-obligation quote.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.