Richmond Long Distance Moving Companies
Do you have prospects of moving to or out of Richmond, CA? Relocating to a new home or business premises can be daunting, and failure to take precautions can make the experience a nightmare. Lousy handling of valuables can result in items getting lost or ruined. Your Richmond move can be smooth if you hire renowned California movers.
How to Ease the Moving Process
Consider the following moving tips.
- Have a Plan: Successful moves require meticulous planning. List down all the tasks that you need to do and assign a day to each. For instance, set a date for acquiring the necessary supplies, for packing items in each room, for calling your moving company, etc.
- Discard Junk: Go through your stuff and isolate unnecessary things such as disused, old, or unfashionable clothes and furniture. Depending on their condition, decide the ones to cast out, sell, or donate.
- Search for a Moving Company: The best companies to hire are the ones in your vicinity. If you don't know any, call real estate firms near you and ask for referrals. Let them assess your items, agree on the price, and choose a date for the job.
- Scope out the Space in your New Home: Visit the house you are moving to and determine if what you have will fit. Check the size of passageways so that you can dismantle any furniture or appliances which will be too big for the doors.
Advantages of a Professional Moving Company
Moving companies can save you time and money. Professional movers have done the job for years. They can complete tasks like packing and house arrangement within a few hours.
They also use fewer boxes than non-specialists which aids in compacting the consignment. Therefore, they often require a smaller truck than an inexperienced person, hence making your move cheaper.
You can also take advantage of their insurance cover for your valuables. If for instance, you accidentally dropped a fragile item when taking it to your truck you would have to replace it yourself. Professional moving companies provide insurance for possessions to solve such problems.
With professionals, the chance of anyone getting hurt is minimal. They have specialized equipment for lifting and moving stuff around. Struggling to raise things with a group of ill-equipped friends can result in costly mistakes.
Hiring help saves you from strenuous work. You can also have time to concentrate on other important matters such as your job and family.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to Find a Reliable Moving Company
Ask around for recommendations or check from the American Moving and Storage Association. Narrow down to movers near you. Confirm with them that they provide the services you want.
Determine their experience from the period they have been operating. Shun any firms that have been in existence for less than ten years. Not all new movers are incompetent, but those who have done it for many years are usually more reliable.
Verify that the company has registered with the Department of Transportation and has the relevant insurance. You can find these details at the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) website. All United States moving companies have a US DOT number.
Most people who know the FMCSA usually file complaints with the organization whenever a transport services agent disappoints. These reports can give you insight on the reputation of the company you are about to hire.
Our Moving Services
A-1 Auto Transport offers the following services:
- Commercial and residential moving
- Coast to coast and interstate moving
- Long distance relocation services
- Bulky and specialized furniture moving
- Full-service moving
- Pet transport
- Military relocations
- Motor vehicle relocations
- Moving advice
- Cheap Richmond movers
Why You Should Consider HiringA-1 Auto Transport
We have been active in the transport industry for almost three decades. There is no scale of moving assignment that we haven't tackled, ranging from door to door to interstate relocations.
We have some of the best equipment for professional moves. Our workers have the relevant skill set, and our rates are affordable. We listen to you and give suggestions to devise a solution tailored to meet your needs.
Do not be conned when you want to move to or from Richmond, California. Contact us on888-509-3123 and tell us your needs and we will give you an affordable solution. Please fill out our price estimation form at the top of this page for a free moving cost estimate.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.