Residential Storage Sheds Vs. Self-Storage Facilities
One of the challenges that people moving to a new area face besides choosing the best moving company, is what to do when their belongings cannot fit in their new house. You may find yourself in the same situation especially when you are moving to a new area temporarily for work or for business – you need reliable storage where you can keep your belongings. You can consider storing your items in residential storage sheds or self-storage facilities. However, before you even get your mover, have you thought about where to keep your items? This article compares residential sheds and self-storage facilities to give you a glimpse of which one is best for you.
Pros and cons of residential storage sheds
Residential storage sheds offer suitable alternatives when it comes to the storage of some of your belongings that cannot fit in your house. They are best for the following reasons:
- You can see your items everyday: most residential sheds are available within the area you are living in and hence, you can keep an eye on your items on a daily basis.
- Ease of access to your items: you do not worry about having to travel back to your old home or where you stored your items should you need anything urgently –you can access your belongings any time without any additional cost.
- Cheap storage option: another benefit of such storage options is the monetary implications involved. Some of these sheds are either free or charge an insignificant amount.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
In spite of the benefits that come with residential storage sheds, there are a few things to make you worry. First, security is an issue of concern in such settings. Secondly, most of such sheds do not have the appropriate measures to keep your items protected against harsh weather.
Pros and cons of Self-storage facilities
Self-storage facilities have several benefits when it comes to safekeeping of belongings. Here are some of them:
- You get unlimited storage period: getting your storage services from a self-storage facility gives you the benefit of unlimited duration provided you are able to pay for the given period of storage. In addition, some of the facilities offer discount for long contracts.
- Ease of access to your items: you are free to access your belongings any time you wish. After you agree on a given contract period, you are given a key and padlock making it possible to enter the unit any time.
- Quite cheap: self-storage facilities are a relatively cheap option for keeping your belongings safe especially if you are moving for a short time.
- Much reliable security: they have advanced security and protection measures to keep your items protected and secured against theft, weather, and rodents.
However, there are a few disadvantages associated with self-storage facilities. Some of these include:
- The rental price does not factor the cost of having to move your items into the self-storage facility. The additional cost makes the entire cost high.
- Some units do not have the necessary weather and security measures, and those that have them are quite expensive.
Residential storage sheds and self-storage facilities have different benefits and risks. As such, before you choose any option make sure that you understand the involved benefits and risks. Always consult your moving company for a chance to get the best deals.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services