There are a number of great reasons to consider using a post office (or PO) box when moving. Even if you think that most of your mail I junk, you still get important things like bills, statements, etc… Imagine if a number of these items were to be lost, how much confusion that might cause? Having a PO Box can eliminate this problem. Here are a few considerations.
Yes, using a PO Box for your main address gives you a certain level of stability. This can be quite important for someone who moves frequently. In fact, it is recommended that as soon as you establish a box at your new location (ideally ahead of your move), you switch over the contact information for your important accounts:
- Magazine subscriptions
- Whatever else you consider too important and would be upset if it was misdirected or lost
This helps ensure your important letters, papers and documents won’t end up lost.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Easier To Handle
Since the mail will be kept at the post office, it doesn’t clutter up your home. Believe me, you will have enough clutter dealing with the move. Additionally, each time you go to pick up mail, you will be forced to deal with it, weeding out everything that is unimportant. This means less clutter brought to the home. There is also less temptation to just grab everything and think about dealing with it later since you physically will have to lug it out to the car and then back into the home.
Increased Security / Privacy
PO Boxes actually have some pretty decent security. Obviously, each box is kept under lock and key. Plus, they also have their own area in the post office and only one original key is handled. In short, it is VERY unlikely that your mail is going to be stolen or tampered with.
After moving, or maybe even beforehand, you certainly need to change your address. By placing a simple forwarding order through your local post office, this task can be handled quickly and easily. Plus, it makes things very simple for the post office as well.
Another great point of having a PO Box is that you don’t really need to worry about notifying every last person, company, or creditor that you have changed your address. If you happen to be someone who relocates or moves frequently than these boxes are even more important. Yes, during any move there is always the chance that something will be lost or misdirected. However, having a PO Box lessens this possibility more than any other option.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory