Quincy Long Distance Moving Companies
Whether you have a few items or a lot of stuff, moving is more than just boxing up your belongings and leaving. You need a good plan and professionals who know how significant the move is to you. If you're preparing to move to Quincy, the city of Presidents, let A-1 Auto Transport take the burden of moving off your shoulders and help you settle peacefully. We are based in Massachusetts and provide a variety of unique services including vehicle transport.
Top moving tips
- Create a timeline in your calendar with a list of things to do as you approach your moving day. Fill in the tasks you feel are important and create a flexible schedule of how you want to accomplish them. The calendar will help you know how many days you have left and help you stay focused.
- Take inventory of your entire household items to determine what you possess. This will be useful when confirming if everything was delivered in one piece. If your movers take their inventory, compare it with yours to make sure nothing was left out.
- Pack jewelry and other valuables separately. Don’t involve the movers on this one. Keep the bags with you and if you're driving, put them in your car.
- Change your address a few days before moving out. Fill out a Change of Address form at your local post office or do it online. Remember to give the new address to your family, friends and business associates.
4 reasons why you need a professional moving company
- Budget control: Moving can be costly if you don’t know what to expect along the way. Professional movers make this simple for you. They provide free estimates to help you determine how much the move will cost. They make planning your budget easy since you know exactly what you're going to spend.
- Fewer injuries: Moving is a physical activity that involves lifting large and bulky items back and forth when loading and unloading. During this time, most people experience back pains, chronic knee pain, and sprained ankles. All this can be avoided by hiring a professional moving company. Their staff is trained to carry heavy items without risking the health of anyone involved.
- Insurance for your property: When moving on your own, you become vulnerable. Any item that breaks under your watch is your sole responsibility and you have to replace it. On the other hand, professional movers offer different insurance options aimed at protecting your belongings. When you purchase an insurance plan, your mind relaxes knowing that the movers will replace any broken or damaged items.
- Saves you time: There are many duties that need your attention during a move. You have to find a school for your kids, transfer your license and services among others. This can be overwhelming if you don’t get help. Hiring professional movers gives you time to focus on those issues while they focus on your move.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Ways to find a reputable moving company
Make sure the company you want to work with is duly licensed by the relevant authorities. Interstate movers are issued a USDOT Number which acts as a permit to traverse different states. Intrastate movers should have a license from the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities.
Only work with movers who have clean track records. Since you're entrusting your possessions to strangers, you want to be sure they will be delivered. Hiring a ProMover member gives you confidence that your items will get to their destination within the set timeframe.
Beware of movers who ask for large deposits before the move even begins. A reputable mover will only request for payment when they have delivered your items to your new place. Also, avoid movers who use unmarked trucks or vans to transport your items. Without identification, it will be difficult to trace them.
Our moving services
- Long distance moving
- Door to door moving
- Military relocation
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
- International moves
- Local moves
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We offer unrivaled moving services to clients and guarantee safe delivery of your belongings to any destination. Our employees are expertly trained to be courteous and professional in their work; you can trust us to handle your items with utmost care. Our emphasis is on quality service at affordable rates. A-1 Auto Transport, for fast, convenient and reliable moving services.
Get free estimates by filling out the form at the top of this page or get in touch with us now on 888-509-3213.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.