Quincy Long Distance Moving Companies
Whether you are making a local move or crossing the state lines, A-1 Auto Transport has a team of experts willing to turn your move into a rewarding experience. We listen to you and advise you on the best moving plans available. If you are looking for a hassle-free move to Quincy, you’ve come to the right place. We are the fastest growing company in Illinois providing customized services to suit the specific moving needs of our customers. We also transport vehicles.
Top 5 moving tips
- For your move to be more effective, ensure you have the right supply of boxes, tape, and other packing materials. Boxes can be sourced from the local stores or moving companies either free of charge or at discounted prices.
- As you pack, have a separate box to throw in stuff you don’t use anymore. You can decide to sell items that are still in good condition or donate to charities.
- Make a point of visiting your new home to check if any repairs are necessary. You can arrange for professional cleaners to spruce the house as well.
- Pack your most prized possessions yourself. Items like jewelry, trophies and crucial documents need extra care. Pack them separately and keep the box by your side during the entire journey.
- Look for a reliable moving company to hire. Due to the busy schedules of moving companies, make an early booking.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional mover
- Time management: If you are always busy and rarely have time for anything else, hiring professional movers is the right choice to make. You don’t have to take any time off from work since all your moving needs will be catered for.
- Fewer injuries: To reduce the chances of injuries, let professional movers handle all the heavy lifting. They are trained to carry your sofa or pool table down the stairs without breaking them or scratching your walls. They know how to collaborate when moving your items around and have the techniques to fit household items into any space.
- Insurance coverage: Moving companies are mandated to provide the government’s standard cover of $0.60 per pound per item. In case of an accident, your items are protected and you’ll receive partial reimbursement according to the policy you signed for. Professional movers offer a variety of insurance options at additional charges.
- Efficiency: The crew of a professional moving company is trained to pack with speed and agility while utilizing space efficiently. With their expertise, they can unload and unpack your belongings fast saving time and money.
How to find a reputable moving company
- Check the track record of your moving company with the Better Business Bureau. The BBB provides a platform for customers to submit reviews based on their experience with moving companies. Find out if there are any complaints filed against your potential moving company.
- The cost of moving. Different movers offer their services at different rates. It’s important to factor in the moving cost when selecting a reliable moving company. While it’s obvious to go for cheap movers, it’s wise to consider the quality of services too. Avoid companies that offer unreasonably high or low prices.
- Licensing. A reliable mover has to have all the legal documents required by the federal government to be allowed to operate. To confirm the legitimacy of your moving company, visit the FMCSA website and search by company name or USDOT Number.
- Consider hiring a local moving company. You can easily get detailed information about how they conduct themselves by asking around. Arrange a visit to their offices to check out their equipment and talk to their staff to get more details about their services. Local companies are also familiar with the area and know the best routes to follow when moving your items.
- Long distance moving
- Local and international moving
- Office relocation
- Residential moving
- Vehicle transport
- Pet transport
- Door to door relocation
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
With over 25 years in the moving business, we are proud to be a top-rated moving company in Illinois. We subject our staff through rigorous background checks to ensure we hire only the best. You can opt for the full-service pack where we do all the packing and unpacking for you. Forget about all the stress of moving by hiring A-1 Auto Transport today. We will send our experts to assess your items and pick the right truck size for you.
Get in touch with our customer representatives on 888-509-3213 and receive the best moving advice. For free moving estimates, please fill out the form at the top of this page.
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org