- What Is The Questions To Ask Your Mover Before Hiring Them?
- Their Background
- Safeguarding Your Assets
- Moving Process
What is the Questions To Ask Your Mover Before Hiring Them?
Because every individual has their specific needs when it comes to moving, movers have a hard time giving concrete descriptions for their moving services. It is therefore possible that you will not find the information you need on their website. To make sure that you have picked the right moving company for you, here are some questions you should ask to ensure that you are more informed and more confident about the relocation process.
- How long have they been in operation? A company that has been in business for a few years is more risky when compared to one that has been there for decades.
- Are they licensed to operate a moving business? A US DOT number will help you verify that indeed they are licensed hence you can be sure that your items will be transported legally.
- Can they provide references? A company should be able to refer you to past customers who have experienced their services to complement their online customer reviews.
- Where is their physical location?
- What are their typical rates? Some moves are charged using man hours, others are charged based on the total weight of the shipment while others are charged based on the volume of shipment. Find out how their rates are calculated.
- Find out if the company will send in someone to examine the items that need moving in order to give you an accurate quote.
- Can they provide a binding maximum quote that will not be exceeded in the final price of the move?
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Safeguarding your assets
- What happens when your belongings are damaged or lost during the move?
- How will they handle any damage on your home in form of scratches or dents as the items are being moved?
- Should injuries occur during the move, do they have insurance for their workers or will you be held liable for any damages that occur on your property?
- What kind of damages does their cargo insurance policy cover?
- What is their procedure for making claims and how long does the entire process take before you are paid?
- When should you expect the shipment to arrive in your new home?
- Should the shipment arrive late, will you be entitled to any compensation?
- How is the delivery-date calculated? (Very important for long distance moves).
- How will you get updates on the progress of the shipment?
- Will the company be able to provide services like unloading, unpacking and reconnection of your appliances upon arrival?
- Does the company use their own trucks and personnel or will they subcontract?
These questions will not only help you know what to expect in both local and long distance moves, but they will also help you become a knowledgeable customer. This will help you to manage your expectations and plan accordingly. Of course, the representative should be friendly and willing to address all your questions.