Queens College is an eighty-acre campus located in the neighborhood of Kew Gardens Hills, Queens in New York. It is one of the four-year colleges in the CUNY system. It is constantly ranked among the top institutions in the nation because of the quality of its academic programs, faculty, achievement of its students, and its affordability. Moving to or from the Queens’ college is challenging. However, A-1 Auto Transport offers reliable moving services to or from Queens College.
Tips on how to make moving to or from Queens College easier
Keep the following tips in mind.
- Plan ahead: Relocation can be time consuming and stressful. Planning can make you remain organized and save you from high moving cost.
- Have an idea of the size of your new dorm or apartment: Most spaces in the dorms are limited. Having an idea of the space you are working with will help you decide what to carry and what not to carry. You should also make sure that all the utilities are in good condition. Liaise with the landlord or dorm manager to fix any broken or damaged utility.
- Pack smart and early: When packing, your major objective should be to end up with as few moving boxes as possible. This will save you the moving cost and bulkiness. To achieve this, ensure that you only pack the most essential items. You can buy other items you need after you have moved in.
- Move at least one day earlier: To have a smooth move, avoid moving on the same day of the move as much as you can. Find a place to stay in Queens and move one day before the move in day.
- Liaise with a professional auto transport company: You can save yourself from moving hassles by hiring a mover.
Why you need a professional moving company for your Queens College move
- If you are hoping for a stress-free move, hire professional movers to handle the entire process for you.
- You may have no idea on how to handle fragile items or lift heavyweight furniture. Professional movers can do that for you.
- Professional moving companies cover your goods through reputable insurance companies so you don’t need to worry about potential accidents and damages.
How to find the best university moving company
With thousands of students moving every year to or from the Queens College, most of moves do not go on smoothly. Hiring a reputable professional mover is a must. Here are some tips that can help you.
- Ask family and friends for referrals
- Get written estimates in person
- Give your mover the complete inventory of all your items to get accurate quotes
- Review customer feedback and reviews on Better Business Bureau
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
A-1 Auto Transport offers a wide variety of options for getting your household goods delivered to or from Queens College. Here are some of our flexible and reliable services.
- You can get full service moving from us or rent out our vans and trucks. Knowing what you want to carry is an important step toward making an informed decision about whether to seek for our full service moving, rent a truck or a van and move yourself. Our final prices may vary based on the size of your moving boxes and furniture, type of carrier, level of security offered, distance and the speed of delivery.
- We offer moving services to international students moving to or from the Queens College. Moving a vehicle or household goods abroad is a different process from interstate moving. There are many more logistics and legal hurdles from loading methods and shipment to paperwork. We handle everything for you.
- We offer moving advice and solutions. A-1 Auto Transport offers the best moving advice for Queens College students who want to move by themselves. Whether you are planning to move from state to state, within the country or internationally, A-1 Auto Transport offers you easy solutions.
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
With over 20 years of experience moving household goods for university students in all universities and colleges throughout the 50 states of the US and worldwide, A-1 Auto has established unbeatable professional services, is well conversant with New York routes and special moving concerns of Queens College students, and has acquired state-of-the-art resources to make moving to or from Queens College a snap. We take all the hassle from the moving process and give you flexible rates, whether you are moving within the country or internationally. We have everything for everyone.
Get Our Services Today
Find out more about our services by contacting us on 888-509-3213 or visiting our website on a1autotransport.com/services. Fill out our form and get a free non-obligation quote.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.