Moving To or From Purdue University (West Lafayette)
Most people consider moving an uphill task, or even a daunting one. Nonetheless, moving is a process that is unavoidable throughout your entire lifetime. Recent statistics show that the average American adult will move at least 12 times in his entire lifetime! This roughly translates to moving every 6 years! As a student, you have probably never had to move by yourself. However, you are now facing your first major move as you prepare to move to or from Purdue University (West Lafayette); which is the main campus of Purdue University. Despite the depressing report on moving, we are here to assure you that it does not have to be a challenging time for you. In fact, having moved thousands of families in Indiana and all over America for the past twenty years and over, we can attest to this fact. Moving is a set of tasks that you need to tackle systematically, as we shall show you how.
Tips to make your university move as stress free as possible
As we have mentioned earlier, most people consider moving a challenging prospect. However, we have a few tips to make your move as smooth possible.
- Embrace the move: The first step to making your move as smooth as possible is to embrace the idea that you are actually moving. Do not approach the move with mixed feelings; this will only serve to stress you out. Look forward to the change and it will instantly lift your spirits.
- Moving checklist: Moving is a set of tasks which need to be tackled systematically to have success. Ensure that you write down each task, no matter how small and tick them off as you tackle them. This will mean that everything will be taken care of, avoiding a last-minute rush.
- Get help: Moving is one project that you cannot undertake by yourself, you need all the help you can get. If you opt for a DIY move, enlist the help of family and friends. However, we would recommend that you hire a professional mover.
Why you need professional moving help for you student move
Professional moving companies are best placed to offer you moving help. These are some reasons why.
- No heavy lifting for you: Moving involves lifting of heavy boxes and furniture, as well as maneuvering narrow doorways with awkward loads. Professional moving crews are trained to do this without injury or damage to your items, which is something you are not.
- They are experienced: Professional moving companies have moved dozens, hundreds and even thousands of folks, giving them valuable experience that you do not have.
- They are organized: Due to their experience, moving companies are able to keep your move organized. From taking an inventory to labeling your moving boxes, to unloading what is needed first and putting everything where it belongs, professional movers have the art of organization down to a tee.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Finding the best mover for your student move
Not every moving company will cater to your student moving needs as you would like. It is therefore imperative that you settle for a mover best suited for you. Here are a few tips to get you started on your search.
- Screen the companies: It is wise to screen the companies that you are considering for your student move. Find out what their past customers have to say about their services, check if their licenses and insurance are up to date, and check to see if they have any issues that would be a red flag.
- Ask for estimates: A moving estimate gives you a guaranteed cost for your move. Request for estimates, and be sure to insist on an in-home estimate which is more accurate than a phone estimate. You may then use these estimates to pick a mover by looking at their price against their service offering.
A-1 Auto Transport Inc moving services
We are a fully fledged professional moving company providing a vast array of moving services such as local and international moving, long distance and interstate moving, cross country and coast to coast moving services. Moreover, we offer furniture disassembly and reassembly, pool table transportation, moving help and advice, access to affordable moving companies, moving labor for hire, cheap moving rates and so on.
Benefits of hiring us to move you
We are a fully licensed and insured moving company with over twenty years experience in the moving industry. Our company has a proven track record with fantastic rankings with the Better Business Bureau and an American Moving and Storage Association membership. Furthermore, we are a recognized ProMover.
Call us today!
You can reach us via 888-509-3213 for all your moving needs. Moreover, you can fill out the form at the top of this page to contact us.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.