Domestic USA & International House Moving
- Quote Calculator
Professional Moving Companies
There are a number of professional moving companies in the United States that can be of great help when moving into a new home. Relocating is a huge responsibility and choosing the right moving company is just one of those responsibilities. The best way to determine which moving company is best for you is by calling around to a few different companies and collect quotes.
Never take a moving companies quote seriously unless you can acquire a binding agreement. They usually create this agreement after an evaluation and the weight of your stuff is taken. Moving companies will calculate a total cost by taking things such as weight and distance into consideration. Supplementary charges may be applied at the end of your move by moving companies who only give out non-binding agreements. As a customer, you are allowed to request a reweigh of your goods at any time during the move.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Avoid Being Scammed
Avoid being scammed by those pretending to be movers or that are shady in their moving process tactics by knowing what to be aware of as you search for a professional mover.
- Check with the BBB to see what a moving company’s rating is with them and to read reviews from past customers. The Better Business Bureau will gladly let you know if the company you are considering is approved through them.
- Scam artists typically demand a large down payment in cash. A professional moving company tends to ask for a 10-20% down payment if anything at all.
- Check out the companies’ reviews and ratings over the Internet. Reading about other people’s experiences will help you gauge whether or not a moving company is worth the hire.
- Almost all reputable movers will have a website or be listed somewhere on the Internet.
- If a moving company does not offer full protection through optional insurance packages, they are more than likely trying to scam you. Always look for insurance coverage through the mover you hire. Even professionals sometimes get caught up in an accident.
- The mover should have all of the proper documentation to prove they are legit. State licensing is required and you are allowed to ask the company to provide proof.
- The movers should arrive on moving day in a company truck. If they have a rental truck or their own vehicle, take precaution before allowing them to begin the loading process.
- Most reliable moving companies have been in the industry for many years, giving them plenty of experience with their services.
- Movers train their employees and have all of the right equipment and latest relocation technology.