What are the Professional Movers near Me?
When you’re readying for relocation, you’ll soon find that there are a lot of matters to be addressed and a lot of planning involved if you wish to move without any obstacles. Although you might be excited at the idea of moving to a new town, all of the planning can leave you feeling stressed and possibly even exceeding the limits of your budget. The overwhelming emotions and amount of preparation can definitely take a toll on a person. However, once the move is over, it will all be worth it. To help your relocation process move along smoother and quicker as well as more affordably, hire local professional movers.
Advice for a Stress-Free Move
Not a lot of people realize how much preparation and organization goes into a move, especially a long distance or commercial relocation. Of course, hiring someone with experience and proven dependability in the moving industry will ease some of the stress enormously.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Even so, there will be some responsibility on your part and with a little bit of professional advice, you will be well on your way to a less expensive, stress-free moving process.
- Write a checklist for relocation to help you stay organized and on top of matters
- Schedule a moving date with a mover at least two months ahead of time
- Begin taking care of any medical, job, school or utility transfer a few weeks before the scheduled move
- Find a babysitter for pets and kids on the days scheduled for loading and unloading
- If you didn’t purchase full packing services, begin packing one room at a time at least five weeks prior to relocation and buy or collect all of the proper packaging supplies
- Label all boxes clearly and use the proper packing materials
- Gather information from the moving truck driver, such as a cell phone number and their expected time of arrival
- Always make sure the moving company you hire has a positive reputation which can be assumed through reviews and ratings online
- Make a list of inventory- the moving company usually does this too, but it is always wise to have your own for comparison
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.