Price to Relocate Internationally
There are a lot of concerns involved with an international move, especially the costs. Nevertheless, there are ways to save if you know all that is considered in the total costs of the relocation.
What is Included in the Costs of an International Move
- The bigger the size of your relocation, the more expensive it will be. This includes the weight and volume.
- Distance is another consideration. The further you have to move the more it will cost you. International moves between the U.S. and Canada or from the U.S. to Europe will generally be cheaper due to competition, compared to less common destination areas.
- The method of transportation you choose to have your stuff moved is a huge factor in the final price you’ll pay. Shipping by sea is the cheapest option, whereas shipping by air is the most expensive. Trucks are almost always used to complete the relocation by ground. Since sea freight is the cheapest option, this is the most common method of transport used.
The Cost of Packing and Unpacking
Nearly all movers charge for the process of packing and unpacking. This usually falls under full service moves. Depending on the country you’re moving to, you may not have any other option but to let the mover pack and unpack your stuff. Some countries’ customs require the moving company to vouch for the goods being imported and to insure that nothing illegal is being shipped.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
To avoid or reduce this cost, speak to your mover and see if there’s anything you can do otherwise. You can sometimes save money by packing things on your own, but you may be asked to leave the boxes open for the movers to inspect. Of course, you’ll need to spend money on the purchase of proper packaging materials.
The Costs of Insurance
Some moving companies include insurance in their quoted price, while some add this protection to your total moving services for free. Be sure to check exactly what the insurance does and does not cover. By state law, licensed movers are required to carry at least the minimum set coverage.
If your goods are being shipped by sea freight, you’ll want to make sure there’s a maritime insurance policy. It is best to make sure your stuff is fully covered by the insurance policy.
The Cost of Storage
When moving overseas you may find that you have to pay for storage in addition to the actual moving costs. This is only if there are difficulties due to the timeframes allotted during the international move.
It is usually much cheaper to take advantage of storage solutions for the time being than it is to move all of your stuff to the other nation at once.
Customs Taxes and Duties
Another small cost to look into before moving, are the customs duties for the country you are moving to. Some countries allow items to ship duty-free depending on their stipulations and the items themselves. However, most custom taxes and duties are charged based on the value of the goods themselves. These are usually a percentage of the item’s total value.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services