Presque Isle, Maine Reliable Auto Transport
Presque Isle has a local population of around 10,000, but it is a city that has thousands of tourists vacationing year round. In this city, it doesn’t matter if it is winter or summer, there is always something to do to have fun. Presque Isle has been a popular destination for tourists shopping and dining as well as taking advantage of outstanding recreation and events held in the city annually. Over the last 20 years, Presque Isle has developed into a large revenue maker for the state due to the number of people that visit each year. Northern Maine College and the University of Maine are both located in Presque Isle and there are many hot night spots for college students in the downtown area as well as near the colleges. The city is one of the few in Maine that is completely wired with fiber optic internet service. The city hosts free movies in the park during the summer as well as music and art festivals throughout the year.
For more information about Presque isle, you can check out the city website.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Presque Isle to Cleveland||$613||1023 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Presque Isle to Chicago||$751||1252 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Presque Isle to Dallas||$1075||2151 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Kansas City to Presque Isle||$1082||1804 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Miami to Presque Isle||$1129||1882 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Phoenix to Presque Isle||$1207||3018 miles||7 - 9 days|
|Presque Isle to Los Angeles||$1300||3252 miles||7 - 9 days|
|Presque Isle to Portland||$1342||3356 miles||7 - 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Preparing Your Car for Presque Isle Auto Transport
One of the most important things about auto transport is getting the vehicle ready to go before the carrier picks it up. Keep these pointers from A-1 Auto Transport in mind when preparing your vehicle for Presque Isle Auto Transport:
- All motor vehicles undergo an inspection just before they are loaded onto the carrier. You need to have the car washed well and clean the inside before the scheduled shipping date.
- Be sure to clean the underneath of the car and the wheels. All dirt clumps and mud should be completely removed from the vehicle.
- Take all of your personal items out of the vehicle. These include any paperwork, loose DVD’s or CD’s, aftermarket electronics and other loose items. These items will not be covered by the carrier insurance and if they fly around during transport they can cause damage to the inside of the vehicle.
- Fold back the side exterior mirrors and fold the antenna down. If the antenna will not fold down, it’s a good idea to remove it during transport.
- If you have a convertible you need to make sure the top is securely placed down. Also check for rips or tears in the fabric and make sure they are patched up before the car is picked up.
- Have the brakes and tires checked to make sure they are in good driving condition.
- Make sure the battery is securely in place and is fully charged.
- If moving in the wintertime you should make sure the antifreeze is full so the engine will not freeze up in the cold weather in Maine.
- Lower the gas tank to a quarter tank.
- Have a key ready for the driver. Per federal regulation, the driver must have a key to the trunk, doors, and ignition.
Presque Isle Company Directory
You can use this index to find local auto transport to and from Presque Isle, Maine.
Westar Inc. has been in business for more than 5 years and they provide reliable auto transport and freight shipping services throughout the state as well as to several states on the east coast. They are fully accredited with the FMCSA and the DOT.
66 Industrial Drive
Houlton, ME 04730
Farm Food Transportation Inc.
Farm Food Transportation Inc. primarily transports meats and agricultural material including grain and other farm plants, but they also transport motor vehicles and general freight. They can transport all along the east coast and are fully licensed and insured for all transport services.
6 Town Hall Road
Chapman, ME 04757
Auto Transport 123
Auto Transport 123 is a family owned and operated nationwide auto transporter. They are located in New York and ship to and from Maine daily as well as to all states in the United States including Alaska and Hawaii. They have been in business for more than 10 years and offer fast pick-up and delivery, including expedited pick-up when needed. All auto transport is accredited with licensing and insurance through the FMCSA.
1614 Grand Avenue
Baldwin, NY 11510
Presque Isle includes ZIP codes
Services And Information
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.