Powder Springs Long Distance Moving Companies
Powder Springs is a beautiful city whose name comes from the formation of black sand caused by minerals in the seven springs found in the city. Moving can be a memorable experience if you hire an experienced moving company like A-1 Auto Transport. We are a professional moving company based in Georgia, with outstanding services that suit your moving needs. We take pride in the many accolades we receive for excellent service delivery. We help people move house, vehicles and offices both locally and overseas.
Top moving tips
- Make early preparations: Prepare as early as six weeks before moving day. This ensures you have everything ready on the moving day. Create a list of all the tasks that you need to accomplish for a smooth move.
- Hiring movers: If you decide to hire movers, make to provide sufficient information. If you have items that require special attention such as the piano, let them know so that they can prepare themselves adequately. Additionally, let the movers know how wide or narrow your corridors are and if there is space for parking their trucks or vans.
- Inventory your items: List all your belongings to make it easy to account for anything that goes amiss or gets damaged. This list also helps the movers when calculating the weight of your load.
- Packing supplies: Get plenty of brand new boxes with firm edges. You also need sealing tape, bubble wrap and blankets to protect your delicate items from breaking. Remember to label your boxes correctly for easy unpacking.
- Downsize your items: Sort through your belongings to find out what you don’t use or need anymore. This will help save space in your new house.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional mover
- Insurance: Most professional movers are insured. This means your belongings are protected in case of an unfortunate event during the move. Movers are careful when handling your items and ensure they deliver them in good condition.
- Safety and convenience: Professional movers have highly trained staff. They have experience carrying bulky and fragile items through all sorts of spaces and loading them safely into the trucks. They handle the whole moving process efficiently and ensure you’re settled within a short time.
- Affordability: It’s a common perception that hiring a mover is expensive. But when you take into account the cost associated with moving on your own and chances of accidents, it is worth hiring a mover. Professional movers calculate the cost of moving based on your load and the distance to be covered. You only pay the amount you agree upon with no hidden charges.
How to find the best moving company
- Read the reviews of previous users on sites such as Yelp and the Better Business Bureau. Customers leave either positive or negative comments depending on their experience with a moving company. Check if your potential mover has complaints filed against it and importantly, how the issues were resolved.
- Consider using the services of a ProMover member. The American Moving and Storage Association subjects moving companies to strict background checks and make sure they adhere to the association’s set Code of Ethics. AMSA also helps to protect consumers from unscrupulous movers hence you are guaranteed that you only deal with a legitimate mover.
- Only hire a mover that is registered and licensed by the FMCSA. Movers operating from state to state must have a USDOT Number while in-state movers should have a certificate from the Georgia Department of Public Safety.
- A reliable mover should have their brand and contact information openly displayed on their trucks or vans. This makes it easy to track them in case of any misdeeds. Avoid hiring movers who use unmarked vehicles and have no uniforms.
- Interstate and intrastate moving
- Long distance moving
- International moving
- Office relocation
- Packing and unpacking
- Storage services
- Packing supplies
- Door to door moving
- Residential and commercial moving
- Cheap Powder Springs movers
Why hire us?
We are a reputable moving company that focuses on the delivery of quality services at affordable rates. We are highly experienced with over 25 years of moving people to different locations locally and internationally. A-1 Auto Transport only hires staff that is professional to ensure fast delivery of your household items. We are a company you can trust for efficient and reliable moving services.
Feel free to talk to our friendly customer service experts by calling 888-509-3213. For free moving estimates, please remember to fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.