Deliver Your Home Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for moving to or from Potsdam, New York
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Potsdam Long Distance Moving Companies
The US census shows that Americans move for a variety of reasons. The most common reasons are housing-related, family-related and career or business related reasons. Whatever your reason for the move, choose A-1 Auto Transport Inc to move you within, to or from Potsdam. You will find Potsdam in the northern side of New York. It boasts of being the educational and cultural center for northern New York. It is one of the peaceful cities in St. Lawrence. It has a vibrant community that makes you feel welcome, making your stay or visit worthwhile. We also offer auto transport options.
Questions to ask your preferred movers
Once you decide to use movers, below are some of the key questions you should ask to help you identify the best mover:
- History. Find out how long the company has been in existence. Find out how long they have specialized in the particular kind of move you require. Some movers may be competent in auto transport but inefficient when it comes to residential moves.
- Resources. Find out about their resources; both human and physical. Find out if they have employed their own moving crew and what skills they possess.
- Regulation. Find out if they are registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration or local authorities to provide moving services. Find out if the company has a Pro-mover designation which shows that they have received industry certification on best practices.
- Transport. Find out if your mover has restrictions on what they cannot move.
Many movers have a list of items that they will not transport during the move. Below are the most common:
- Hazardous Items. These items are potentially corrosive, flammable or explosive. Some of these items such as fertilizer may seem very innocuous but could be extremely dangerous if not well taken care of. Other items might include nail polish remover, car batteries, pesticides, ammunition and any acidic elements. You will need to give away these items or dispose them properly.
- Sentimental items. Movers will avoid moving such items because of the inherent risk of loss or damage that could happen when the items are in their care. These will be high value items which the moving liability may not cover. Usually they tend to be personal items which include: insurance policies, personal videos or CDs, airline tickets, financial documents, laptops, valuables etc.
- Perishable Items. Long distance movers will not allow you to carry perishable items such as food products or plants. This is because the food may go bad or attract rodents that could destroy your other property. Short distance movers will however allow you to move your perishables so long as they are well packed and the entire move will be complete within 24 hours.
Our moving services in Potsdam
Our expertise allows us to take care of every aspect of your move including:
- Moving equipment or machines
- Moving pets and all your farm animals
- Vacation moves
- Auto transport
- Moves involving senior citizens
- Moving bulky items
- Residential moves
- Moving you from coast to coast
- Door to door moves.
Move with Potsdam’s preferred mover
We have remained Potsdam’s preferred mover because:
- Compliance. We have complied with the requirement to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association. Our license ensures that we uphold and maintain all your rights as our client.
- Expertise. We have built and continue to invest in hiring and training the best human resource to complement our state of the art moving equipment.
- Positive reviews. We have gathered great feedback and ratings by satisfied clients with the Better Business Bureau and Yelp.
- Efficiency. We have integrated technology in all our business operations. By doing this we have increased the value for our clients, and made sure that they can keep tabs on their shipping status. We have a real-time tracking system that you can log into to check your status.
- Environmental conscious. We have invested heavily in reducing our carbon footprint by taking necessary precautions to protect our environment. This has seen us win a spot in The Smart Way Program by the Environmental Protection Agency for businesses that have made intentional efforts to be sustainable.
Get more information
If you would like to know more about us please start by filling the form at the top of this page. You can also call our contact center on 888-509-3213 and one of our agents will be on standby to assist. You can also drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Give us a try today, you won’t regret it.