Portland Long Distance Moving Companies
Most moves are triggered by an increase in the family size hence the need for a bigger house. With moving scams on the rise, it’s important to find a reliable moving company to complete your move. A-1 Auto Transport has been serving people for almost 30 years now and is now a trustworthy moving company. Based in Maine, we have the expertise and resources to help you relocate to or from Portland comfortably. Visit our offices to learn more about our unique range of services including vehicle transport.
Tips for a stress-free move
- Schedule to have all the food in the kitchen and fridge used up before moving day. Perishable food cannot be safely moved since it can easily mess your other items. Consider donating any unopened canned food to Move for Hunger.
- Set realistic targets and create a flexible timeline to help you stay organized. Early preparation is vital and having a good strategy will help you achieve your goals faster and efficiently.
- Don’t let things overwhelm you. Invite your friends to help you out especially with packing. Pick one weekend when most of them are free and let them pack what they can handle. Your workload will be greatly reduced, and you can prepare a nice meal to thank them.
- Valuable items should be kept in one place. Find a box or small bag to store your precious jewelry and keep the bag/box with you at all times. The same applies to your documents such as passports, birth certificates and will.
- Source your boxes from bookstores. They are strong and can withstand the weight of your items. After careful packing, make sure the boxes are adequately taped to keep your stuff intact.
Why you need a professional moving company
- Peace of mind: Professional movers are trained to take care of your items from start to finish. They are transparent, and their experts will advise you on the type of insurance cover you need. Their professionalism and courteous approach inspires confidence and trust in their services.
- Fewer injuries: Accidents frequently occur during a move mostly as a result of people who don’t have the skills necessary to lift sofas and other heavy household items. By hiring professional movers, you are allowing experienced and trained crew to handle your items hence saving you a trip to the hospital. They have more muscle and are accustomed to handling the heavy items on a daily basis.
- Reliability: Unlike your friends who have other commitments, professional movers are there whenever you need them, and you don’t have to be worried about last minute cancelations. You have the option of choosing the most convenient moving day, and the movers will carry out the move as agreed.
- Time management: Let’s say you are working in a busy office and you rarely have time to do anything else. Unless you take time off work, you won’t be able to see through your moving process. Professional movers will take over the moving process and handle everything for you as you continue with your regular work routine.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find a great moving company
Find out the experience of the moving company you intend to hire. A business that’s been in operation for more than 10 years is more likely to provide excellent moving services compared to a relatively new one.
Get information directly from people who have moved in the past. This is a most reliable way of getting detailed information about the moving company you would like to hire. Your friends and family members cannot misguide you.
Only work with a mover who has legal documents from the relevant authorities. All moving companies are required to obtain a license from the FMCSA and issued with a USDOT Number if it’s an interstate mover. Movers operating locally should get their licenses from their respective states.
We handle the following services
- Military relocation
- Long distance moving
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
- International moves
- Local moves
- Interstate moves
- Auto transport (car transportation)
Why choose us?
We are one of the most reliable movers in Maine. Our services are unique, affordable and of high quality. Our crews must pass a rigorous test to establish their competency to ensure they can be trusted with your possessions. A-1 Auto Transport is a fully insured moving company because we know the value you’ve attached to your belongings.
Get in touch
Let our team give you a moving solution that will accommodate your budget and preferences. Get your free moving estimates by completing the form at the top of this page or call our toll-free number 888-509-3213.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.