Deliver Your Home Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for moving to or from Portage, Michigan
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Portage Long Distance Moving Companies
Portage in Kalamazoo County, Michigan is best known for extensive bike trails and nature hikes. The city’s green initiatives have received countrywide recognition. Potage was home to agricultural engineering firms and giant pharmaceuticals in the 20th century. The city has progressed to tourism and the entertainment industry. Move to Portage and visit the Air Zoo where there is an aviation museum and indoor amusement park. View coyotes, bobcats and mountain pumas at the prairies and Austin Lake. There is also a military museum and art museum located adjacent to the park. Long distance moves require experience, equipment and permits. A-1 Auto Transport is the most equipped and trusted moving and vehicle relocation company in Portage.
Why a moving company is better than a self-move
- It is unreliable since your friends may fail to show up.
- Your inexperienced friends will cause accidents.
- You need to hire moving equipment which is expensive.
- Since the move is not insured, you repay all the damage caused by you and your friends.
- The numerous tasks such as planning, ensuring the safety of your items and heavy lifts are stressful.
- Delays are common since you do not know the terrain or how to dismantle large items.
A professional mover
- They have the required experience. They know how to coordinate a move and ensure safe and timely delivery of your items.
- Movers have professional training which ensures they safely pack, load and transport the items.
- Movers have advanced equipment which helps them work faster.
- Movers insure your items. In case an item gets damaged, the company repays according to the insurance.
- A professional mover is accountable. They use a solid inventory and real-time satellite technology to keep track of all items they move.
- Movers work in shifts which ensures they don’t become inefficient due to exhaustion.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Steps towards finding the best mover in Portage
Use the American Movers and Storage Association to find the best state to state moving companies. All members have a Promover sign that validates their legitimacy. They adhere to a strict code of professional ethics. They also deal with consumer complaints.
Verify previous customer experiences with the company at Movereviews.com or Yelp. The sites allow customers to rate moving companies according to their experience. All reviews are verified to avoid exaggerated and false opinions.
Check the business profiles of moving companies at the Better Business Bureau. Get to know the experience of a moving company and the resources they own. Check the consumer complaint history and how the company resolves them.
The FMCSA regulates state to state moving companies. Enter the USDOT carrier number to check the company’s safety rating at the crashes section. If it falls below the national average safety rating, avoid the company.
It’s important to consult a professional before agreeing to the movers’ terms. Ensure there is a witness when signing the contract. Some movers are known to insert dubious clauses in the contract and overcharge the customers for normal services.
How to make your move to Portage seamless
- Prepare for the move months in advance. Ask for moving tips from the company representative who comes to conduct the walk-through.
- Inform the movers of any specialized items you own such as huge electrical appliances or pets. They need to show up fully prepared.
- Communicate with the movers and update them on your progress. Avail yourself on moving day since they may require assistance which only you can provide.
- Pack utilities such as toiletries, clothes and cooking essentials in a first night bag and move them yourself. Ensure you also move valuable items in your car.
- When packing, take pictures of the electrical set-ups. It comes in handy when re-installing them.
- Dismantle large furniture items and place packed items in strategic locations. This increases the movers’ efficiency which results in reduced moving charges.
- Cancel your deliveries and subscriptions weeks in advance. Also, remember to change the lease agreement with your landlord before entering into a new agreement.
A-1 Auto Transport
Why choose A-1 Auto Transport? We have 25 years of professional moving experience where we hire professionally trained personnel and use state-of-the-art equipment in our services. This ensures we deliver your items safely and promptly at affordable rates.
Our moving services
- Affordable long distance moves
- Commercial moves
- Pool table moves
- Piano moves
- Military moves
- Office moves
- Storage services
- Interstate moves
Make the switch
Get a free estimate upon filling out the form at the top of our page. Call us on 1-888-509-3213 and let us make your move stress free.