- Portage Long Distance Moving Companies
- Why Hire A Professional Mover?
- How To Find The Best Moving Company In Portage
- How To Make Your Move To Portage Seamless
- Why Hire A-1 Auto Transport?
- Out Of State Movers Near Me
- Our Moving Services
- Contact Us
Portage Long Distance Moving Companies
The city in Porter County is the third largest in Northwest Indiana. The 40,000 residents rely on the heavily industrialized sector. The city has regrown from the decline of the steel industry through green technology and automobile parts. Portage also known as the port of opportunity has long stretches of beaches and wetlands in the Northern part of the city. Its proximity to Lake Michigan ensures it receives warm sunshine and cool breezes throughout the day. Move to Portage and enjoy the majestic Lake Michigan. Long distance moves are hectic especially when packing and moving the load with minimal experience and equipment. Professional movers such as A-1 Auto Transport have serviced hundreds of long distance moves in Portage. Move to a different city and try out different experiences. We also deal with vehicle relocation services.
Why hire a professional mover?
- Stress free: Moving is tedious and time-consuming. The planning, heavy lifts and worry take a toll on your mind and body. You can easily break a limb while handling bulky items like pianos. The items can slip and shatter into pieces. If you lack the planning skills, a long distance move will be stressful. It require permits, resources and experience that A-1 Auto Transport possesses.
- Dependability: Moving companies work with a contract. They are bound to show up and conduct the move in a satisfactory manner. Reliability is key to keeping and getting more customers. Moving companies don’t take chances with customer satisfaction. Any challenge encountered while handling a move is quickly dealt with.
- Safety: Moving companies have conducted thousands of moves before. They know how to move items under optimum safety. They wrap items with bubble wrap and soft clothing. They are packed in corrugated boxes which are taped on the outside. The items are loaded in order of bulkiness. Large items such as L-couches are loaded first and light items go on top. Fragile items are loaded in a separate compartment at the rear end of the carrier. The trucks are modified with straps and air cushions to keep the items from getting damaged due to impact. The drivers have experience on the varied terrains and work in shifts to stay alert.
- Accountability: Professional movers make an inventory of all packed and loaded items. They pack the items safely to ensure zero damages. They know they are responsible for any damage that may occur when the items are being moved.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best moving company in Portage
Use the American Movers and Storage Association site to view the most reliable moving companies in the country. The association has strict assessment for all moving companies. They weed out rogue movers by assigning reliable movers with a Promover sign. They also educate the public about the moving process and recommend the best moving company.
Use the Indiana Household Movers and Warehousemen Association. It deals with movers in Indiana. Use the INDOT number to verify the company’s experience at Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association.
Use Moverreviews.com to view the ratings of moving companies. Satisfied customers give glowing reviews while aggrieved movers also point out the company’s faults.
How to make your move to Portage seamless
Take an inventory of all items you want moved. Ensure the walk-through is done professionally and a straight-forward estimate given.
Reduce the moving cost by acquiring free moving supplies from Freecycle.com. They have free corrugated boxes and other moving materials. Alternatively, use the U-Haul customer moving forum to exchange and rent moving supplies.
Donate items you no longer use to Goodwill or Salvation Army. These items increase the weight and subsequent price charged. Keep the receipts and use them to deduct expenses on your income tax.
Smartly pack the items beginning with the rarely used ones as you progress to everyday items. Use mobile packing apps to increase your packing efficiency.
Change your address at USPS and update it at I am moving to reach thousands of businesses and individuals.
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We are one of the largest worldwide shipping companies with 25 years of experience. Advanced equipment and professionally trained employees are some of the reasons for our consistent and remarkable services. Our long distance moves have earned a 5-star review from Transportreviews.com.
Out of State Movers Near Me
Our moving services
- Affordable long distance moves
- Local moves
- Corporate relocations
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Storage services
- Senior moves
- Military moves
- State to state moves
- Cheap Portage movers
Call us on 1-888-241-3110, or email A-1 Auto Transport. Fill out the form at the top of our page and access a wide range of services at affordable rates. We provide a free no-obligation quote upon request.