Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Port of San Diego, California
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Shipping Cars To or From Port of San Diego, California
The U.S. West Coast boasts quite an impressive number of commercial ports that offer international shipping services to the greater part of the United States western hemisphere. The states of Washington, Oregon, California, and Alaska, offer the sea ports and entry points to the USA. They serve the neighboring states of Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Utah, Arizona, and Wyoming. Among the west coast ports that offer exceptional high-tonnage shipping is the Port of San Diego, California. A-1 Auto Transport Inc. prides itself in offering services of shipping cars to or from Port of San Diego, California.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|San Diego to Phoenix||$355||355 miles||2 – 4 days|
|San Diego to San Francisco||$375||501 miles||2 – 4 days|
|Cheyenne to San Diego||$700||1167 miles||4 – 6 days|
|San Diego to Seattle||$753||1255 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Kansas City to San Diego||$936||1560 miles||5 – 7 days|
|San Diego to New York||$1104||2761 miles||7 – 9 days|
|Jacksonville to San Diego||$1169||2338 miles||6 – 8 days|
|San Diego to Minneapolis||$1192||1988 miles||5 – 7 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Port of San Diego, California features
The port of San Diego lies on the shores of the San Diego Bay adjacent the Pacific Ocean, just about 12 kilometers north of the United States border with Mexico. The San Diego Bay is a deep water port that acts as an entry point. It is located just a couple of miles from the biggest port in the entire US, the Port of Los Angeles. It enjoys affiliated privileges from the Port of Los Angeles, including acquisition of resources that facilitate car shipping services. The proximity of the port to the Great Pacific Ocean offers a direct route to international markets including the closest; Russia and Asia. International car manufacturers in Asia, including Toyota, Hyundai, and Tata export their vehicles to the United States through the west coast ports. This includes the Port of San Diego, California.
The port of San Diego is a crescent-shaped landlocked bay that has a narrow sand split separating it from the Pacific Ocean. The entrance to the bay is between the North Island to the East and Point Loma to the West.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The port is run and managed by the San Diego Unified Port District, a management group that is in charge of all operations, including offering shipping rights to car transporting firms. A-1 Auto Transport Inc. receives the rights to offer shipping cars to or from port of San Diego, California, services to clients. These services are facilitated by the port facilities and equipment.
- Marine Cargo Terminal: The Port of San Diego enjoys a 50-hectare marine cargo terminal, with a total of 8 berths dedicated to dealing with automobiles and lumber. The berths are all equipped with world-class machinery including Ro-Ro equipment, pedestal cranes, mobile cranes, flat racks, loading and offloading equipment, as well as warehouses, to offer storage for vehicles.
- Access to road networks: The Port of San Diego is easily accessible from the neighboring states of Nevada, Arizona, and Utah through the interstates. This facilitates shipping cars to or from port of San Diego, CA, even from clients in these states. It thus opens up the port to larger markets.
Get access to our services
Are you seeking professional car shipping services? We would be happy to hear from you. Contact us and get a free no-obligation cost estimate of how much the entire transportation process will cost you.