Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Port Of Kahului, Hawaii
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Shipping Cars To Or From Port Of Kahului
The Port of Kahului is a commercial harbor located on the shorelines of Maui island. As the economic capital of Maui, it has become the home of large businesses as well as rural subdivisions. It is also the official retail center of the island due to its size and large population. Majority of goods imported or exported from Maui and Hawaii are shipped from Kahului harbor.
The deep-water sea port is surrounded by the Honolulu harbor and Hilo harbor on the South East and North West respectively. Due to its strategic location, A-1 Auto Transport uses it for shipping cars to or from Port of Kahului.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|Las Vegas to Port Of Kahului||$1148||2871 miles||7-11 days|
|Port Of Kahului to Salt Lake City||$1316||3289 miles||8-12 days|
|Port Of Kahului to San Antonio||$1525||3813 miles||9-13 days|
|Port Of Kahului to Oklahoma City||$1540||3850 miles||9-13 days|
|Port Of Kahului to Dallas||$1559||3897 miles||9-13 days|
|Memphis to Port Of Kahului||$1739||4348 miles||10-14 days|
|New Orleans to Port Of Kahului||$1743||4358 miles||10-14 days|
|Chicago to Port Of Kahului||$1846||4616 miles||11-15 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Why Port of Kahului is ideal for car shipping
Auto transport companies use the port to ship both small and large vehicles through the Kahului harbor. Apart from being strategic, it has other benefits that keep vehicle movers coming back.
- Abundance of piers. The harbor has a number of piers owned by private individuals and government agencies. Three of the piers at the port are owned by the state and are used to transport and receive various goods. These piers are primarily used to ship automobiles, containers, and conventional cargo from all over the world.
- Adequate berthing space. The piers at the port can accommodate ships of different sizes because of the ample berthing space. The average width of the three piers is 400 meters and it features a corresponding depth. The space provided in the piers is ideal for passenger ships, towboats, and shipping cars to or from Port of Kahului.
- Good infrastructure. Port Kahului is connected to nearby locations by a railway which snakes its way through plantations and other industries in the area. The harbor shares a location with light industries and various shopping centers frequented by residents of Hawaii who use the Hana highway to get to the port city.
- Huge storage areas within the port. Companies that have their premises at the harbor have adequate storage facilities to use for their goods. Transport companies are also provided with paid storage services for vehicles that will be transported at a later date. The storage spaces can fit many cars regardless of their size.
- High-tech machinery and equipment. Majority of the cars or boats shipped out of or into the port are delivered in containers. To ensure that they are properly handled, the port authority has invested in appropriate machinery such as mobile cranes, lifting gear, forklift trucks, container cranes and transit sheds, among others. The equipment is distributed equally across the piers.
- Presence of an international airport. Kahului airport is quite busy with services they offer to passengers and shipping companies. Vehicles transported by air are picked up at the airport and moved to the port for shipment within the US or overseas.