Port Huron Long Distance Moving Companies
Port Huron is the county seat of St Claire in East Michigan. It is also the easternmost city in the state of Michigan. Port Huron relies on automobile manufacturing, tourism and fishing to maintain and develop the city. It is commonly referred to as the Maritime Capital of the Great Lakes due to the numerous ships, marine life museums and rich history about the Great Lakes. Moving to a new area is challenging, especially when doing it for the first time. You need experience, equipment and permits. They do not come easy which is why you should hire a professional moving and vehicle relocation company such as A-1 Auto Transport. Visit the Black River which cuts Port Huron in half and cross the Blue Water Bridge which has captivating sceneries.
Why you need a professional moving company
- Minimal accidents: Moving companies have the skills which ensure they handle your items safely. They pack the items in corrugated boxes and load them in air cushioned carriers. Delicate items are strategically packed to avoid damage from heavy impact on rough roads. They can also dismantle large items and move them in bits. They anticipate and safely navigate risky situations.
- Knowledge of the terrain: Movers have used the same terrain multiple times. They know when the weather gets extreme and traffic builds up. They can also avoid potholes which can cause road accidents and item damage. They have all the required permits which ensure they don’t waste time renewing licenses at each state border. Experienced drivers and real-time satellite technology improve the safety of your items while reducing the delivery time.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to choose a professional moving company in Port Huron
Get referrals from relatives or friends. They understand your needs and can recommend a solid mover. They are also more trustworthy than internet reviews. You can also use real estate agents since they regularly interact with moving companies.
Check for reviews from websites like Movingscam.com They have dealt with hundreds of moving companies and know them in and out. They can educate you about moving and guide you on how to identify rogue movers. The organization has a successful record of making movers own up to their mistakes.
Enter the company’s USDOT number at FMCSA to verify the number of drivers and vehicles a company owns. Check the company’s safety rating from the crashes section and the number of consumer complaints registered against the company annually.
Check the company’s assessment from the Better Business Bureau. They deal with over a million moving cases annually and have most companies records. They assess and accredit legitimate moving companies. Accreditation by the organization is a dream come true for most moving companies. It’s advisable to use accredited moving companies since they answer to the organization. Accredited members are swift to rectify any disputes to avoid being deregistered.
Tips to help in performing a successful move
- Sort out your belongings before the company conducts a walk-through. Let the representative perform valuation coverage only on the items being moved.
- Sell and donate items you no longer use. You can sell them through a yard sale and use the funds to facilitate your move. You can also donate them to local charities.
- Plan your move by breaking down moving days into activities. Ensure your normal programme does not conflict with the moving schedule. Put reminders on gadgets and mark moving dates on a calendar placed in a central location in the house.
- Get free boxes from com to reduce the packing expenses. Clean the boxes and test their condition to ensure they can hold the weight of the packed items. Label them along the sides according to the room they belong to. Also, make holes to improve handling.
- Scope the new premises weeks ahead. Measure the doorways, paths and elevator to establish whether your large appliances can fit. Get to know the neighbours, local amenities and emergency contacts. They help you settle faster in the new environment.
Why engage A-1 Auto Transport?
Our principles of communication, efficiency and sustainability have ensured we deliver consistent and incredible services with each move we handle. Our personnel are professionally trained by several professional bodies to ensure our customers get the best services at affordable rates.
Our moving services
- Affordable long distance moves
- Intrastate moves
- Pet transport
- Furniture moves
- International moves
- Pool table moves
- Piano moves
- Local moves
Speak to a professional mover, call us on 1-888-509-3213 or find us at A-1 Auto Transport. Fill out the form at the top of our page and get free valuation coverage.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.