Pontiac Long Distance Moving Companies
If you’ve planned a move to Pontiac, let the professionals do the hard work as you enjoy the experience. We are a professional moving company based in Illinois ready to help you transition smoothly. Backed by our 25 years of experience, we know all the ins and outs of moving and have become one of the most trusted companies in the U.S. and overseas. We also relocate vehicles.
The best moving tips
- Downsize your items: Go through your household items and get rid of things you don’t use such as seasonal decorations or out-of-season clothes. If you have items still in good condition, you may hold a yard sale to recover some money.
- Stay organized: Label your boxes and have them placed in a central location where movers can have easy access. Indicate what each box contains and the rooms they belong to so that movers will know exactly where to place them.
- Save money: Use your suitcases, duffel bags, and laundry boxes to pack your clothes. This will help minimize the cost of purchasing boxes from the stores. Use trash bags to pack clothes on hangers instead of folding them.
- Visit your new house: Clean your new house and make sure everything is in order and ready for moving in. You may also upgrade your living room area or the bathroom to bring more life into the rooms. Having prepared your new house will make it easy to arrange your items when you finally move in.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need to hire a professional moving company
- If you have a lot of heavy stuff like sofa, piano, refrigerator or washing machine, you’ll require the expertise of professional movers. They have the manpower and strength to carry your furniture and fragile items down the stairs without causing breakages.
- Packing materials. When you hire a moving company, you don’t have to buy packing materials like boxes, sealing tape and markers. They provide everything including bubble wrap and other heavy-duty materials to protect your household items.
- Safety from injuries. Moving furniture and other heavy items poses a great health risk if you lack the proper skills. Such instances can be avoided by hiring a professional moving company since they are well trained to handle heavy items. Having the right tools will also go a long way in preventing physical harm.
- Storage units. If you have to move out of your current home and your new house is not yet ready for settling in, then professional movers will provide you with a place to store them. Your household items will be kept safe and secure in climate controlled rooms.
How to choose a reliable mover
Ask for references from the mover you intend to hire so that you can talk to their previous customers to learn more about their performance. A company that refuses to give you references to contact should be viewed as a shoddy company.
Only hire a licensed and insured moving company. For a mover to be allowed to operate in your locality and across the country, they should be licensed by the FMCSA and also have a permit from the state they operate in. Hiring an insured mover will save you the cost of replacing your items in case of an accident. To verify the insurance status of a mover, visit the Licensing and Insurance Public database.
Check if the company is affiliated with any associations. The American Moving and Storage Association subjects its members to strict background checks and ensures that they adhere to the Code of Professional Ethics. These steps help rule out rogue movers who may attempt to scam consumers.
Our moving services
- Long distance moving
- Office relocation
- Vehicle transport
- Military moving
- Door to door moving
- International relocation
- Coast to coast moving
- Residential moving
- Packing materials
Why choose A-1 Auto Transport?
We are a credible moving company that understands the value of your move. Our services are custom-made to fit your budget, and we ensure prompt delivery of your household items. Our commitment and hard work has made us one of the best movers in Illinois and beyond. Hiring us is a step towards the right direction. A-1 Auto Transport, your trusted, reliable and affordable moving company.
Get free quotes
Call 888-509-3213 and speak directly to us. Our friendly and professional staff is on standby to answer all your questions. Get free instant quotes by completing the form at the top of this page.
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org