Moving is a daunting process for most people. Despite the fact that it is one of life’s most occurring processes, it still seems to give people the jitters when they think about it. In America, it is estimated that a sizeable chunk of the country’s population move every year. Therefore, it is important that you master the moving process since you will be doing quite a bit of it throughout your lifetime. Your student move to or from Plymouth State University is the first of many moves you shall be making, therefore it is important that you get it right. At A1 Auto Transport Inc, we have moved thousands of students in New Hampshire over the years with great success. We offer free moving advice to enable you to have a smooth moving process, as opposed to having a stressful move. You can trust us with your student move because we have considerable experience.
How to have a smooth moving experience as a student
Moving need not be a stressful process for anyone, even for a student. If you follow these handy tips, you are well on your way to having a stress-free move.
- Pack like a pro: Packing should be done is a way that will save you time, space, energy and cost. Consider leaving your clothes on their hangers and wrapping them together with plastic wrap, rolling instead of folding, using luggage rather than buying many boxes and so on.
- Carry some entertainment: Going out while in college may be fun, but your budget might constrain you. Pack a TV and radio for those nights you want to just chill in your room or apartment.
- Carry some homey items: Moving out of home can be emotionally draining so you need to have some familiar items near you. Pack items like a nice family portrait or a small potted plant.
Why you should enlist the services of a professional moving company
You need to consider hiring a professional moving company for the following reasons.
- Peace of mind: Moving all your belongings from one city or state to another is not the only thing to worry about during your student move. You also have to deal with the psychological stress of leaving friends and family behind as well as changing your mailing address and getting a new drivers license. Let the moving experts handle your move to get a load off your mind.
- Moving storage: If you are not yet ready to have all your items in your new apartment or dorm, the moving company can store these for you and get them to you when you need them.
- Provision of moving boxes and supplies: Buying moving boxes and supplies can be a hectic and costly affair. A professional moving company will come with everything you need and capture all the costs in one document- the moving estimate. This will save you a lot hassle.
- Finding the best student moving company: Once you decide to use the services of a professional mover, you need to zero in on the best one for your student move. These handy tips should point you in the right direction.
How far is your move?
Professional moving companies are licensed to operate within designated zones. If you are moving across the country, you need to find an out of state mover. Furthermore, a local move will call for the use of local moving companies.
- Avoid moving brokers: Searching for a moving company can be tedious work, but this should not make you settle for a moving broker. A moving broker can open you up to moving scams as they are mostly out to make a quick buck and not to get you the best deal.
- Research online reviews: There are tons of online review platforms that will offer you reviews on the companies you are considering to hire. Search several well-known and reputable online review platforms like the Better Business Bureau.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services at A1 Auto Transport Inc
We offer a wide host of moving services such as free moving advice, professional moving estimates, and access to affordable moving companies, auto transport and moving storage too. Furthermore, we offer local moving services as well as long distance, nationwide and international moving services.
Benefits of moving with us
We are a fully licensed and insured moving services provider that was established over twenty years ago. Our company has great reviews with the BBB as well as the ProMover. Our services are affiliated with the American Moving and Storage Association too.
Call us today
You can reach us via 888-509-3213 or by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.