Plattsburgh Long Distance Moving Companies
Millions of Americans move each year for love, work or better housing. Plattsburgh is a city and the county seat of Clinton County, New York. It is known for technological advancements in the fields of crypto currency and the aerospace industry. Plattsburg is also among the northernmost cities of the country close to the Canadian border. This provides an escape route from the hectic life of New York to the parks and natural wildlife of Canada. If you have a move to schedule, talk to A-1 Auto Transport. We are the most advanced moving and vehicle relocation company in New York.
Why you need a moving company
- Limited time: If you have been transferred to a new workstation and you need to move in a few weeks, moving companies are best placed to handle your move. They have adequate moving personnel who are trained to handle emergency moves. They also have warehouses where you can store your items as you search for affordable housing.
- Packing: Packing is the most time-consuming moving task. It is recommended that you engage a moving company to assist you with this. Moving companies perform packing routinely and know how to pack different items for the long haul. They also pack your items strategically by labeling all the boxes which makes it easier to locate your items in a huge load.
- Customer-friendly services: Since moving can be a demanding process, you require personnel who can make the move smooth and efficient. Moving companies have trained personnel who handle customers professionally. The communication channels used are fast and dependable making it easy to solve any problems you may have.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Select the best mover in Plattsburgh
Ask your friends or family who have moved in the past for referrals of reliable moving companies. They can give sound recommendations if they had a pleasant experience.
Check if the company is a member of the American Movers and Storage Association. The association is the largest in the country with over 3500 moving companies. They register reliable and trustworthy moving and storage companies. They also dictate the terms of membership such as provision of quality services.
Use the Better Business Bureau to verify the company’s quality of customer service. Movers are bound to rub one or two customers the wrong way among the thousands of moves they conduct annually. Check how they resolve complaints to determine their competence. Choose the company which resolves all complaints amicably and registers few or no complaints annually.
- Moving resources. A reliable mover should have adequate trucks and drivers for long distance moves.
- Safety rating. Deal with moving companies that have a safety rating higher than the national average.
- Pending violations. Hire a moving company with few or no pending violations.
- Household items moving license. All movers should have a license which is renewable after two years.
Tips to make your move easy
- Understand how long distance moves work. Use the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association’s moving booklet which educates the public about moving. It is especially important for first time moving customers since they are most affected by hidden expenses in long distance moves.
- Long distance moves across states typically take 2 months to prepare. If you are moving across the country, you require at least a 12 week preparation interval. The more complicated your move, the more time you will need.
- Create a moving budget after the company personnel conducts a walkthrough of your items. A budget helps control your expenses.
- Get rid of items you do not need/use. They take up unnecessary space in the moving vehicle and your new house.
- Ask friends to help with your move. Assign them tasks like packing non-breakables and clearing pathways. Ensure you handle valuables yourself.
- Keep all moving receipts. Check the Internal Revenue Service to establish whether they are tax deductible or not. Several moving receipts from work moves enjoy tax relief.
Why Hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We are easily accessible through our digitized communication platform that allows swift and sound responses. A-1 Auto Transport also has warehouses located across major towns in the state of New York.
Our moving services
- State to state moves
- Storage services
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Furniture moves
- Pet transport
- Vehicle shipping
- Packing and unpacking
- Office moves
- Residential relocations
Make the switch
Call us today on 1-888-509-3213 and make your relocation stress-free. Fill out the form at the top of our page and get free professional moving advice.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.