Pittsfield Long Distance Moving Companies
Pittsfield, the county seat of Berkshire County is known as the greenest city in eastern Massachusetts. The city also ranks highly among the secure cities to live and retire. It also has low crime rates and a natural landscape. Pittsfield’s proximity to New York ensures its large working population has affordable housing in the expansive neighbourhoods. Move to Pittsfield and try baseball at the home of famous baseball players and coaches. The Pittsfield State Park has camping, hiking, cross countries and picnic areas. You can also ski at the Bousqet Area and fish at Lake Onota. Make new friends and grow your network in Pittsfield. A- 1 Auto Transport has comprehensive moving and vehicle relocation services.
Why you should hire a professional mover
- Safety: Moving companies know all the risks associated with moving. They have vast experience handling different items and terrains. They use advanced equipment like air cushioned carriers and real-time satellite technology to keep items safe in transit. They also wrap the items with soft linen and pack them in padded boxes.
- Swift: Movers have an adequate labour force that works as a team to reduce the time used for individual tasks. They have the skills required to pack and deliver the items faster. Using modified vehicles, your items can be delivered over long distances without stop-overs. The drivers have experience in driving under extreme weather or congested traffic.
- Bulky items: Items such as L-couches and refrigerators are common items in each household. They are cumbersome and pose great risk when being handled by inexperienced people. They can easily overpower you and cause bodily-harm. Professional movers such as A-1 Auto Transport can dismantle the items and move them in bits or they can use winches and forklifts.
How to find a reliable mover in Pittsfield
Check the American Movers and Storage Association to find the most reliable state to state movers. The association operates across the 33 states of the country. It also educates the public about moving and can guide you in choosing the right mover. Deal with moving companies who have more than 10 years of experience.
Review websites such as Movingscam.com champion for consumer rights. They allow customers to review moving companies according to the customer support and service delivery. They also list mediocre moving companies and warn customers against dealing with them.
Use the company’s USDOT carrier number to verify the company’s licenses and insurance status. The FMCSA has comprehensive details on how moving companies should operate. The insurance should be provided at 60cents a pound of load.
- Deposits exceeding 30% of the total moving cost
- Companies not willing to conduct a walk-through
- Incomplete or blank documents
- A non-binding contract for long distance moves
When signing the contract, do so in the presence of a professional. The payment policy may have hidden charges which might break your move. Most companies hide additional charges when offering the final estimate.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Best moving practices
- After verifying the moving company’s credentials, hire a reliable company. Avoid moving during summer or weekends. There are more people moving which results in higher moving charges.
- Ensure you are 80% ready before the company arrives. Dismantle large furniture and dismount electronics and place them in a strategic position. Make the movers work easier and reduce the time spent conducting the move.
- Use corrugated boxes to pack your items. Tape them on the outside and ensure they can hold the packed items. Label all the boxes with the rooms they go to and contents.
- On moving day clear all other activities and focus on moving.
- When loading, ensure the heavy items are at the bottom and light items at the top. Strap the items to avoid movement inside the carrier.
- Account for all your items when loading and unloading. Create an inventory and document their condition. It can be used to justify compensation in case of damage.
A-1 Auto Transport
Our services are regularly tested by international bodies to ensure we adhere to top-notch international standards. We closely work with the Environmental Protection Agency to ensure our services are sustainable. Our community empowerment projects have also earned us positive reviews by Corporate Critic.
- Full-service moves
- Local moves
- State to state moves
- Intrastate moves
- Pet transport
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Auto shipping
- Long distance government moves
- Military moves
Call us now
Need a great moving experience? Call us on 1-888-509-3213 or find us at A-1 Auto Transport. Please fill out the form at the top of our page to receive crazy discounts.