Pitman Long Distance Moving Companies
Pitman is a borough in Gloucester County, New Jersey. It is a small quiet town with the feel of a merging urban and rural lifestyle. The city is known for a solid community spirit where residents regulate most activities in the city. Pitman is also famed for art centers and theaters that attract thousands of festivals and local plays. If you wish to move to Pitman smoothly, engage A-1 Auto Transport. We are among the most advanced moving and vehicle relocation companies.
Why hire a moving company?
- Numerous items: Moving numerous items can be stressful if you lack experienced and adequate personnel to help with your move. Moving companies have the skills and resources to handle whatever number of items you want moved. They also use moving equipment such as dollies and trolleys to increase their speed and safety when moving.
- Promptness: Long distance moves take up a lot of time. Moving companies have the technical skills to pack, load and deliver your items fast. They come as a well resourced team that can handle every task and item involved in your move. This ensures that they are able to accomplish much in a very short time.
- Lesser chances of accidents: When you deal with a moving company, they handle all the risky and complex tasks such as loading and transport and you can carry out the simple ones. They have necessary skills to protect themselves and your items when moving.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Moving tips to choose a reliable moving company
Use professional moving associations such as the American Movers and Storage Association. It is the largest moving association in the country with numerous years of experience. They match customers with convenient moving companies and educate them about moving. They also have the ‘Household Goods Dispute Settlement Programme’ used to solve customer-mover disagreements.
When moving within the state of New Jersey, use local moving companies. They are regulated by the New Jersey Department of Transport unlike state to state moving companies which are regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association.
Ask several moving companies for an estimate. Make a comparison and choose the one with the most affordable rates and adequate moving services. Some moving companies may offer a low moving estimate, but it has fewer services than the average estimate. Use the ‘Your rights and responsibilities when you move’ booklet from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association to educate yourself about long distance moves.
Ensure that you have a witness or moving expert with you when signing the moving contract. This protects you against getting duped by rogue movers who hide cost in the contract.
The best practices when moving to Pitman
- A stress-free long distance move begins with planning at least three months to the moving date. Schedule a moving date with a reliable moving company when they are less busy. This often falls on the weekdays of mid-months. They also have a reduced delivery interval.
- Get everything on paper. All transactions conducted between you and the company should be documented and signed by both parties. Such measures ensure you do not suffer loss in case the company damages or misplaces your items.
- Sort out your belongings to purge items you do not need. Some items in your house that were last used years ago serve no purpose and need to be sold or donated.
- Start by packing non-essentials as you progress to the day to day items. Use corrugated boxes that have extra layers of tape on the bottom and along the edges. This ensures they keep your items intact for the long haul.
- Pack all the boxes to a maximum weight of 60 pounds. It makes it easier for the personnel when loading.
- Ensure you are fully prepared before moving day. Place all packed items close to exits, dismount electrical appliances and dismantle large furniture.
Why consider A-1 Auto Transport?
We provide the convenience of moving by offering most services on our digitized communication platform. Our customers also have the option of different moving designs based on their preferences.
Our moving services
- State to state moves
- Local moves
- Full-service moves
- Small moves
- Senior moves
- Military moves
- Vehicle transport
- Pet transport
- Residential relocations
- Office moves
- Door to door deliveries
- Storage services
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.