Safe And Reliable Petersburg Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Nicknamed 'Alaska's little Norway' Petersburg was established over 100 years ago by Norwegian fishermen. The town is located in Petersburg borough, in Alaska. It mainly survives off fishing, with over 70 million pounds of fish crossing its docks every year. There are three major seafood processing plants that employ the majority of the residents. The town is also a tourism hub attracting thousands of tourists and thrill seekers every summer. Its location near the feeding grounds of hundreds of humpback whales is the major draw to this remote village. Visitors can also watch the spectacular glaciers carve off the Ice Mountains and form big, blue icebergs. People visiting or relocating to Petersburg can expect to have a quality way of life with all the amenities of a big town and the charm and serenity of a small, remote town.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Petersburg to Juneau||$162||162 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Petersburg to Anchorage||$738||985 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Portland to Petersburg||$860||1434 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Petersburg to San Francisco||$1033||2067 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Las Vegas to Petersburg||$1160||2321 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Petersburg to Memphis||$1272||3180 miles||7 - 12 days|
|Houston to Petersburg||$1324||3311 miles||7 - 12 days|
|New York to Petersburg||$1437||3593 miles||7 - 12 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
If you are interested in shipping cars to or from Petersburg or moving there, A-1 Auto Transport is the company to call. We can facilitate for the shipping of numerous items up to the remote town. We've had over 25 years to practice and perfect our methods. Our company has established thousands of shipping networks all around the world making it interconnected and easy to access. Ship with us today and experience world-class service.
Areas we cover to or from Petersburg
Our team of dedicated staff is always ready to do what it takes to make your shipping experience pleasant. They are experienced and well-equipped to handle any kind of shipping. Although the town is not connected to the mainland by road, we use air and sea transportation when shipping cars to or from Petersburg. We also ship vehicles and other items to or from the neighboring cities and towns of Naukati Bay, Sitka, Ketchikan, Juneau in Alaska, Stewart, Dease Lake, Prince Rupert, Hazelton, Terrace, Teslin, Kitimat, Smithers, Watson Lake, Whitehorse, and Houston in Canada.
There are plenty varieties of services for our customers to choose from. We offer the best rates around. Some of them include:
- Door to door shipping: This is the most convenient and most in-demand service in our portfolio. It offers a hassle-free and fast shipping experience. Your car is picked up straight from your doorstep for shipping. You do not need to transport your vehicle to any port or terminal. It is mostly used by people ferrying high-end, exotic, and luxury cars. People shipping salvaged and non-operational cars also use it.
- International moving: We can facilitate your move from one country to another, regardless of the distance apart. Our team of professionals will assist you in packing your belongings in boxes, loading and shipping them and later unload them at your destination.
- Interstate car towing
- Terminal to terminal shipping
- Freight shipping
- Multi-car transportation
- Shipping of heavy equipment
- Shipping for snowbirds
- Open and enclosed shipping
The types of vehicles we ship
We ship a wide range of vehicles. Our carriers can accommodate virtually any kind of vehicle around. Some of those we frequently ship include:
- Salvaged vehicles. For people who are fond of 'do it yourself' projects such as fixing up cars in your garages, this service is for you. Our company can help you ship any salvaged vehicle bought off of the internet a thousand miles away. We will take great care of your car in order to not distort its shape.
- RVs and motorhomes
- Boats and yachts
- Jet skis
- All-terrain vehicles
- Alternative fuel cars
How to prepare your vehicle for shipping
There are various steps and ways of preparing your car for shipping depending on the company you choose to partner with and your shipping destination. Some of the steps include:
- Remove any personal items and customized installations in your vehicle. They are not covered by the insurance and it also minimizes the chances of them getting damaged or stolen.
- Clean your vehicles to reveal dents, scratches and other cosmetic damages. Take pictures of them to serve as evidence.
- Leave about a quarter tank of gas.
- Service your vehicle.
- Remove any parking passes or toll tags.
- Make extra copies of your car keys.
- Disable your alarm system.
Ship with A-1 Auto Transport
We offer the best and quality for money services around. Your shipment will be delivered to your desired destination in record time and safely.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.