Domestic USA & International House Moving
- Quote Calculator
Pet Moving: What To Expect When Moving With A Reptile
While it is common to find a cat or dog as house pets; it’s not so for reptiles and amphibians. In fact, only a few daring people keep these as pets. Due to their delicate nature, much more attention is required when it comes to moving them. To get this done correctly, the services of a professional pet mover will come in handy. Choose a professional moving company that has experienced staff, knowledgeable in the art of handling reptiles.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
A few nuggets will help you move your reptile
- First things first, check the laws governing moving reptiles to your destination country. Some countries do not allow importation of some of these pets. Therefore, before you waste money on preparations confirm the legal requirements that you need to satisfy.
- About a week or a few days to your move, have the vet check the health status of your pet and make recommendations on its health. Ask them to also give you a health certificate, your pet’s health records and a referral to a vet near your destination. They will also advise the moving company on proper ways of handling your pet.
- Get a suitable carrier for your pet. Something that will make your friend comfortable, not too big or too small. Check for sufficient ventilation to avoid suffocating them. Keep venomous reptiles separately from the non-venomous one. Apply enough safety measures on the transporting container to avoid injuring the animal.
- Because most reptiles live in a moist environment ensure the environment is conducive for them by applying wet towels to ensure that your unusual friend is as comfortable as possible. Most of these are cold-blooded, therefore install appropriate temperature regulators.
- Pack your reptile in a well-covered, well ventilated and well-labelled box. You do not want just anyone opening that box while in transit. It may be your pet but it is still a dangerous animal.
- During your move, let there be sufficient stopovers to allow your small friend acclimate and reduce stress. For longer distances, consider flying your pet because the longer you take on the road, the more uncomfortable it will be for the reptile. Very few airlines transport these friends, and you will therefore need to take time and look for the most appropriate. Carry with you the necessary medical certificates and the moving permits from the relevant government offices.
- If your pet lives in a terrarium, ensure that you have it in place in your new home. Doing this will make it that much easier for your small friend to become acquainted with the environment.
No one wants disturbances at whatever point in life. But, such is the nature of life; with emerging globalization, relocation to new territories is almost unavoidable. When the time comes and you need to move with your family and pets, both usual and unusual; you do well to turn to a professional mover for their assistance. Avoid the stress of moving your reptile friend on your own.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services