Pet Moving: What To Expect When Moving With A Cat
A cat is a territorial species, which bonds firmly with the environment. Moving it to a new environment will cause disturbance and you must therefore, ensure that it is prepared for the move. Also ensure you only work with a professional mover who should have the right facilities to transport your cat in comfort.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Consider the following as you move your cat
- A few days before moving day, close the pet in a dark room and feed it. That will give it a more comfortable landing and help it adjust to the new environment. The cat will want to resist any move to change the climate. Closing it, for a day or two in a dark room, will make it more receptive of the new environment while in transit.
- Is your bedroom the most important and comfortable place to be in the house? Allow the cat to enjoy the bedroom environment for sometime before moving. Create the same atmosphere at your destination. This will level out the transition process for the cat.
- While moving the cat, let it enjoy the comfort that you create. As much as possible make the setting of the van resemble that of your house where possible. The cat will not see much difference compared to having it in the boot of the car.
- Prepare your destination to resemble the previous setting. Do not make significant changes abruptly. If you must, do so gradually so that you give the cat time to acclimatize.
- Cats have feelings, don’t they? If the journey is a long one that can mean skipping meals, consider having stop-overs. Feed the cat and give it time to relieve itself. This is a way of making the move as easy on your pet as possible. Let the moving process not be rushed, especially where you are changing to a new climatic condition.
- If you are using your car or van, ensure that it is sufficiently aerated. Never move your cat in the boot for this will lead to more stress and settling in the new environment will be problematic.
- Treat your cat nicely, while she needs to be in a cage – for her own safety, there is no reason that cage cannot be near you. This way, your presence will be more important to her than the environment.
- The cat could be anxious on arrival, place it in a well-lit room with food and all that it needs. Before releasing it to your new home, prepare adequately so that you will be releasing it into a ready-home.
- Ultimately, your presence and behavior is what will offer the greatest reassurance to your cat. Use your cat’s name to keep calling out to her and she will start reciprocating and feel at home in the new home.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services