Patchogue Long Distance Moving Companies
In Suffolk County, the state of New York lies the city of Patchogue. It is a coastal city located on the stretch of Long Island, New York. This ensures it never falls short of entertainment from the beach games, water sports and mega festivals held each summer. Patchogue also has the Patchogue River which cuts across the city. This provides scenic views and recreational activities. If you wish to make your move stress-free, deal with professionals such as A-1 Auto Transport. We also handle vehicle relocations.
Why hire a moving company?
- Multiple household goods. Over time we tend to acquire numerous items in our homes due to a change in taste or increase in family size. Moving such a huge number of household goods is not only stressful, but expensive. You need adequate time to prepare, pack and load them safely. You also need trucks that can transport heavy loads safely. Moving companies like A-1 Auto Transport have adequate moving resources to handle your goods safely. They use sufficient personnel and the right moving equipment to pack and load your goods. They also have trucks that can move your load in a single trip.
- Lesser chance of you getting hurt. Accidents are bound to happen during a move. You might break your limb when carrying heavy furniture or lacerate your skin when handling glassware. Moving companies have the required skills to protect themselves and your items when moving. Their personnel have the strength to handle heavy goods while they are also professionally trained to deal with any moving challenge.
- Extra services. Moving companies have additional services apart from the common moving ones. They have storage services in accessible and well-developed warehouses. They also have pet transport, and full-service moves. This ensures the customer is fully catered for at any instance.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Find the best moving company in Patchogue
- Ensure you know the type of services you require so that you hire a mover who fits your requirements. Read the free moving booklet from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association to help you understand long distance moves. The New York Department of Transport also has free customer moving booklets.
- Get a list of reliable moving companies from professional associations like the American Movers and Storage Association. They are the best known source for reliable state to state, local and international movers. They train their members and monitor their activities to ensure they operate according to the set standards.
- Use the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association to verify a mover’s compliance with the federal government laws. They are a subsidiary of the United States Department of Transport which lists the requirements each mover must possess to handle moves. Check that the mover has an updated household goods moving license and the right insurance.
- Ask several companies for an estimate and compare their rates and services. Choose a company with affordable rates, adequate moving services and a convenient delivery interval.
- Companies that ask for a huge deposit upfront. It should not exceed 20% of the deposit.
- Movers with a change of address, multiple pending violations and a low safety rating with the FMCSA.
Effective tips for a long distance move
- Start making preparations at least a month or two before moving day. Long distance moves take time and they require adequate preparation.
- Move during the off-season to save time and money. There are fewer people moving during these period which results in the company giving customers better deals to encourage them to move.
- Get rid of items you no longer use. Sort out your load and purge household goods which are outdated and damaged. They only increase the moving cost and weigh down your move.
- Create a moving budget to keep your expenses in check. The large number of activities involved in long distance moves can overwhelm your budget and end up breaking your move.
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We have sufficient moving experience having provided moving services to thousands of customers for over 25 years. They particularly like our digitized communication platform, efficiency and sustainable services.
Our moving services
- Affordable long distance moves
- Storage services
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Furniture moves
- Pet transport
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Military moves
- Senior moves
Get in touch
Please don’t hesitate to call us on 1-888-509-3213 or find us at A-1 Auto Transport for your moving queries or comments. We also give a free no-obligation quote to all customers upon filling out the form at the top of our page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.