- How To Pack Delicate Cutlery
- Consider What Is Worthy Moving
- Use The Right Packing Materials
- Prepare The Packing Boxes
- Wrap The Materials With Care
How to Pack Delicate Cutlery
When not professionally handled, packing delicate cutlery can lead to one of the greatest heartbreaks you’ve ever had to endure. If you don’t follow instructions, the magnitude of the loss you could incur as you prepare to move is mind-boggling. This however does not have to be the case for you. You only need to ensure that certain steps have been taken before you call the moving company to come haul your delicate cutlery.
Here are some ideas:
Consider what is worthy moving
Not every plate has to move. You are a family of four yet have ten dozen plates. Do you really need all these? Surely not. Why not find a dealer who will buy these items from you. It is better you make something small out of this arrangement rather than lose it all when they get damaged during the move.
Use the right packing materials
Do not throw in everything into that box just because you are short of time. Be creative; use old newspapers, pieces of clothes or blankets to separate your delicate cutlery so it does not bang into each other during the move. Also, get some sturdy cardboard boxes, which are strong enough to ferry these delicate items without falling apart. Then make good use of your marker pens and labels. Be sure to use bright colors and large letters to indicate that the box has fragile items and needs to be handled with care.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Prepare the packing boxes
You will need to have the boxes in the right condition to ensure no breakage occurs. Following are steps you should follow;
- Thoroughly examine the box. Turn it upside down and ensure it is in tip-top condition. Check for any dents and repair the minor punctures. If the box is irreparable, discard it, you do not want to use something that will come apart when ferrying your fragile items.
- Even if the box is new and sturdy looking, tape all the edges and the bottom. Doing so is just an additional measure to ensure it is able to bear the weight it will be expected to carry.
- Line it in the inside with crumbled pieces of papers. These offer a soft interior and an additional barrier should the box collide with anything while on transit.
Wrap the materials with care
Cutlery is not like any other item; these are delicate items that can collapse under minimal pressure. They are some of the most fragile items that comprise your move. Therefore, whether it is you doing the packing or the professional mover, do it with extra care. Take on this task when you are not tired and your mind unoccupied. You need your full concentration to ensure you are doing it right.
Everything you pack, demands some level of care; you don’t pack to incur damages but to ensure your items are moved safely. Cutlery and all other fragile items require extra care and attention than the rest. Do the best you can and be sure of a safe deliver.