Oxford Long Distance Moving Companies
Oxford is located in Butler County and it is home to the famous Miami University. It is commonly referred to as a college town and Forbes rated it as the Best College Town in the US in 2014. At A-1 Auto Transport Inc, we support clients to move to, from or within Oxford with great convenience. We also offer auto transport solutions.
How to protect your move
The internet has given rise to the proliferation of moving scams. Thus, you can protect your move by following some of these tips.
- Before engaging any moving company first find out if they are registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Using their MC and USDOT numbers find their registration status and confirm that they have provision for insurance.
- Check for compliments or complaints with the state consumer affair agency or state attorney general.
- Get at least four local in-house moving estimates from different companies. Make sure each company gives you a written estimate.
- Make time to visit the offices of your shortlisted movers. Be wary of movers with no physical premises or movers whose offices are run down. While doing the site visit, check the conditions of their moving trucks, check if the staff are in branded uniforms and check if the trucks are permanently branded.
- Confirm if your mover will issue you with a binding or non-binding estimate.
- Before the movers leave your old premises always check and sign against each page of their inventory. Their representative should also countersign.
- Be available or have a friend or relative to supervise the entire move on your behalf.
- Do not agree to work with movers who only give you over the phone estimates.
- Do not work with movers who only accept cash payments.
- Do not work with movers who do not give you written estimates.
- Do not sign any blank or incomplete documents.
- Do not pay more than 25% down payment for any move.
- Do not let the movers start working without reviewing the contract and inventory.
- Do not fall for unrealistically low prices.
- Do not move your property in an unmarked van.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Saving on long distance moving costs
Many people consider moving expensive. However, there are many ways to cut on your costs:
- Summer is peak moving season, thus it is quite expensive and difficult to get a mover. It is advisable to book your move in spring, especially during the week or in the middle of the month for you to enjoy great prices.
- Compare quotes from different companies. Comparing helps you to identify the most competitively priced mover.
- Long distance moves are priced based on weight thus it is highly advisable that you declutter and downsize on all the things you will not need in your new home.
- If you are not in a hurry to receive your items, you can have the mover consolidate your shipment with that of others along the same route to help cut down on costs.
- If you would not like to donate or dispose of your items, you can host a yard sale or sell them online to help you make some money towards offsetting some of the moving costs.
We specialize in a variety of moving services in Oxford as below:
- Residential moves
- Senior citizen moves
- Corporate moves
- Door to door relocations
- Auto transport
- Military moves
- Moving of heavy or bulky items
- College moves
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
- We have a wide network of offices and warehouses across all the 50 states. We also have operations and warehouses in several other locations across the world.
- We can address any of your moving or transport needs with our umbrella of services.
- We are a certified ProMover under the membership of the American Moving and Storage Association.
- We have secured all our online systems to ensure that you are safe on whichever platform you choose to engage with us.
Sign up for moving freedom
We want you to have nothing but the best of our services on your moving day. To get started, fill the form at the top of this page or drop us an email at email@example.com. Our agents in Oxford will get in touch with you. You can also call our customer care team on 888-509-3213. Enjoy moving freedom!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org