- Owatonna Long Distance Moving Companies
- Why You Need A Moving Company
- How To Determine The Best Moving Company
- Tips To Make Your Move Easy
- A-1 Auto Transport
- Our Services
- Call Us Now
Owatonna Long Distance Moving Companies
O-town, as the city of Owatonna is commonly referred to is the county seat of Steele County, Minnesota. Owatonna is a green city with most of its energy generated from solar power and wind mills. Visit Owatonna and enjoy nature trails, large reptiles and water sports at the Mineral Springs Park and the Reptile and Amphibian Discovery Zoo. A relocation here requires to be handled by a professional mover such as A-1 Auto Transport. We have advanced moving equipment and experience to make your moving and vehicle relocation experience as smooth as possible.
Why you need a moving company
- Insurance: Your items need to be insured when moving for long distances. Insurance shifts the liability of your items to the moving company. Moving companies are obligated by law to provide the basic bodily-injury and property-damage insurance. It covers all moving personnel, your apartment and items.
- Organization: Moving companies visualize the move before it materializes. The company plans every detail months in advance and accounts for all items, risky situations and moving resources. The personnel also know how to efficiently pack and load your items, which ensures a smooth moving experience.
- No heavy lifts: Moving heavy items is risky especially if handled by novices. Hire professionals and avoid injuries during the move. Movers use trolleys and ramps to lift and carry heavy items to the vehicle. The personnel also have the strength and know-how required to lift and carry heavy items.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to determine the best moving company
Check the experience of moving companies by visiting their offices. Ask for a few customer referrals and check how they rate the moving company. Experienced moving companies are members of professional moving bodies. Check the American Movers and Storage Association for state to state movers and Minnesota Transport Services Association for local moving companies.
Ensure the company is licensed by entering the USDOT number at the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association. The site displays the type and validity of the company’s household items license, pending violations and safety rating. If the company has multiple violations this means they are careless and inexperienced. Also, avoid companies with a safety rating lower than the national average safety rating.
Avoid moving companies that:
- Have no permanent physical addresses.
- Want to conduct everything online, including the in-house estimate.
- Have frequent name changes for the last three years.
Tips to make your move easy
- Hire a reputable moving company months in advance. Set a moving date during the winter or spring season when there are fewer people moving. Moving charges are usually reduced and there is a long list of reliable movers to choose from. If you need to move during summer, you can ask the company to consolidate your move for reduced charges.
- Purge unnecessary items before the company personnel conducts an in-house estimate. This ensures you are charged for only items that need to be moved. You can sell or donate the items to local charities.
- Visit the new premises and prepare it in advance. Learn the parking rules, entry hours and elevator use. Clean the house and take photographs to estimate whether all your items can fit in the available space.
- Keep sensitive documents and essentials with you. Pack them in a first night bag and keep them in your care during the move.
- Use quality corrugated boxes which keep your items safe in the carrier. Label all the boxes along the sides starting with your name on the top. It ensures your boxes aren’t lost in case your move is consolidated. The labels should also state the type of items and room destination.
- When packing, move from to room to avoid mixing up items. Begin with rarely used items as you proceed to essentials. It comes in handy when unpacking.
A-1 Auto Transport
We work closely with government departments such as the Environmental Protection Agency to ensure our services are sustainable. We also have positive remarks from Corporate Critic due to our corporate social responsibility record. A-1 Auto Transport adheres to all laws and has updated licenses and insurance.
- Full-service moves
- Local moves
- State to state moves
- Intrastate moves
- Pet transport
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Auto shipping
- Military moves
Call us now
Looking forward to an exciting moving experience? Call us on 1-888-509-3213 and make your move a memorable. Fill out the form at the top of our page and receive customized discounts.