Overland Long Distance Moving Companies
There are proven ways to make your move exciting and fun. With almost 30 years helping millions of people move to different cities and states, A-1 Auto Transport has grown to become one of the most reliable movers in Missouri and beyond. Whether you're moving in or out of Overland, our experts will give you free advice and tips on the best services for a smooth move. We offer a wide range of premium moving services including vehicle transport.
Tips to make moving easier
- Do your research: To help you adapt to your new surroundings with ease, you need to find out the state tax rates to be able to make the necessary adjustments. Talk to the neighbors to learn about the favorite hangout spots and family fun days. Learn about the laws of the new state to avoid finding yourself on the wrong side.
- Be organized: Avoid the last minute rush by preparing early. There are many tasks to carry out before the big day and the only way to accomplish this is by creating a to-do list. Preparations should start as early as 8 weeks to make sure everything is covered.
- Hire a babysitter: On moving day, you need to focus on many things and you wouldn’t want the kids coming in the way of that. Find a close friend or relative to stay with the kids on that day. If they are old enough, you can let them help with small tasks around the house.
- Be available on moving day: Your movers might have questions and it's advisable that you are present to address them. You will also give them directions on where you want certain items placed so that you don’t have to move them again.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The advantages of using a professional moving company
- Storage for your items. Let's say your new house is not yet ready but you have to vacate your current home, or you’ve been posted to another location and you have to report immediately. You will need a place to keep your belongings while you wait for the completion of your house or look for an apartment. Professional movers will help you store your items in secure facilities. The units are climate controlled to keep the condition of your items intact.
- Protection. Professional movers offer a variety of insurance policies to protect your possessions during the move. The full replacement value means that in case of damage, your items will be fully repaired or replaced. This cushions you against loss or damage.
- Packing services. With professional movers, you don’t have to look for packing supplies. With the full-service package, the movers will come with their packing materials, pack your stuff, load and unload them, and help you unpack. You benefit from their professional services and you don’t have to take part in the process.
Ways to find a reputable moving company
- Visit their facilities to check out their staff and equipment. They should be knowledgeable and answer questions courteously. Customer satisfaction can only be achieved through professionalism and good customer service. Reputable movers know this and have well-trained personnel who will attend to you in the right way.
- Ask for references from the company. Talking to previous customers will help you understand the company more before choosing to work with them. You can also read online reviews from trusted sites such as the Better Business Bureau and Angie’s List. The reviews and ratings will help you determine whether or not to hire the mover.
- Check out their credentials to avoid being duped. Reputable movers must have all the legal documents from the relevant authorities. Long distance movers need a valid USDOT number clearly displayed in any form of advertising while local movers need a license from the Missouri Department of Transportation.
- Vehicle transport
- Military relocation
- Office relocation
- Residential moving
- Coast to coast moving
- Commercial moving
- International moves
- Storage options
Why hire us?
Since our establishment, our mission has always been to offer unrivaled moving services at affordable rates. While the market might be saturated with unreliable moving companies, A-1 Auto Transport remains strong in its commitment to give clients a great moving experience. We have a team of highly qualified workers who work with determination and commitment to help you settle fast. Don’t let your move stress you out, we are here for you.
Talk to us
Get details about our exclusive services and book your date today by calling us on 888-509-3213. For free moving quotes, please complete the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.